Author Topic: Play stupid racism games, get stupid prizes  (Read 661 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Play stupid racism games, get stupid prizes
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 12:09:47 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pair-sentenced-terrorizing-birthday-confederate-flags-article-1.2983749

http://www.myajc.com/news/local/douglas-county-confederate-flag-case-sentenced-lengthy-prison-terms/6cDtrxkl9Q7ILElPhGqd6O/

35 years combined to ponder their actions, but will serve 19 years combined in prison.

The sentence seems kind of harsh if no one was physically assaulted.  Rapists and murderers get less than that.  And is banishment a legal sentence?  Without knowing much about the case, I do agree with the verdict.
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 12:25:07 PM »
Disrupting a CHILD'S birthday party? Really? They thought this was a good idea?  :facepalm:

Cowardly, disgusting, etc. This is hooliganism almost on a par with the anti-Trump supporters who broke windows, blocked streets, and set fires while screaming obscenities. Or the has-been female singer who expressed a desire to blow up the White House.

They should have the book thrown at them for their racist slurs the same way the Black Lives Matter people were prosecuted for their chants of "What do we want? Dead Cops! When do we want em? NOW!" and "Pigs In Blanket - Fry Em Like Bacon!"

(Just a thought - how about a televised, PPV cage match between these yahoos and some BLM protestors?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 12:35:32 PM »
Sure they were guilty of being stupid and likely threats.  Felonies with 20 year prison terms?  That is extremely excessive. 

"Justice has been served," Melissa Alford, who was at the party and posted a video, said in a statement to the Daily News.
No, not really.  If the two were black and did this at a white kid's birthday party, would anything close to the same charges and sentencing be done?  If not, then this is not justice. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 12:50:23 PM »
How could this happen? I thought we were sending all the blacks to the back of the bus. Isn't this the new, white-washed Trump's America I was promised?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife