Author Topic: Walther CCP  (Read 8326 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Walther CCP
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2019, 08:49:02 AM »
I'd be more willing to give them a bit of leeway on it given the holiday but for the fact that they've pretty much failed on the communications standpoint at all stages of this process to this point.

I've had to push them repeatedly on everything, including providing the same information TWICE (that could have been gotten from my warranty registration) to get the case started.

And then once the case was started, they failed again on the notification process and I had to push them yet again.

Over the weekend I did finally manage to go paws on with a Ruger Security 9 compact. It had the flush magazine so I wasn't at all crazy about how it felt in my hand. My pinky was hanging out into space. A different magazine or a full-size version might be more to my liking.

Many of these type guns will come with both a flush mag and a mag with a pinky extension in the box. Sometime you have to ask the clerk if they know and/or have them look in the box. If not someone usually makes replacement floor plates with one.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2019, 02:10:29 PM »
OK, I got Walther's "We have received your gun" e-mail about an hour ago.

It's saying that assessment/repair times are taking roughly 5 to 7 business days.

We'll see what happens.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2019, 04:09:36 PM »
At the rate they are going, in 5 to 7 business days they'll probably send you another notification that they just received the gun.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2019, 05:04:31 PM »
What you need to do is buy another gun so you have something else to play with and forget about this.   =D

Maybe start another thread asking for suggestions based on impossible requirements that we will all ignore anyway.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2019, 07:14:18 PM »
No, you jack wads would comment aimlessly...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2019, 11:01:25 AM »

No, you jack wads would comment aimlessly...

It gives life meaning.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2019, 12:04:13 PM »
I recommend a Taurus Judge to tide you over. You won’t bait any comments from the awesome shot spreading power and undeniable Taurus quality that way.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2019, 12:13:38 PM »
I recommend a Taurus Judge to tide you over. You won’t bait any comments from the awesome shot spreading power and undeniable Taurus quality that way.

[popcorn]
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2019, 12:44:09 PM »

But do they make them with a safety lever?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2019, 02:48:14 PM »
My most recent handgun is an HK VP9sk.  Shoots great for a little pistol. 

Then I realized the HK P30sk is virtually the same gun with a hammer and safety/decocker.  Now I already want another pistol.  (so all is normal)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2019, 03:33:29 PM »

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2019, 04:28:49 PM »
But do they make them with a safety lever?

Sometimes Taurus makes them so safe they’re incapable of firing.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2019, 04:49:59 PM »
Sometimes Taurus makes them so safe they’re incapable of firing.
But that wouldn’t matter. Because it’s a shotgun. you’d only have to rack the slide to scare bad guys (and devil women) away.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2019, 03:55:50 PM »
Just got notification that Walther is getting ready to ship my CCP back.

Be interesting to see what the notes are on it.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2019, 07:41:49 AM »
The CCP should be here Friday between 5 and 8 p.m. I had to pay an extra $5.55 to FedEx to get them to use that window. I'm betting that when I get home at 3:30, though, that there's a note on my door saying "we couldn't deliver so we're sending it for destruction!"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2019, 08:48:19 AM »
I recall some time back thinking it was funny picking up a CMP rifle in a box at the Fedex depot. 

We should be able to mail order all of our guns.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2019, 09:41:01 AM »
I recall some time back thinking it was funny picking up a CMP rifle in a box at the Fedex depot. 

We should be able to mail order all of our guns.

Back when I had my C&R, I was buying "fiver packs" of rifles from Century Arms. It was kinda comical coming home from work and having what the MSM would call an "arsenal" sitting on my front porch (because of course they were sent with "no signature required").

I also one time had my Combat Commander sent out for some upgrading and the smith sent it back to my office address at the fed.gov.  I couldn't have gotten away with it if it wasn't a small field office and where the UPS guy knew me and just handed it to me vs leaving it in the admin area. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2019, 10:25:04 AM »
So, I paid an extra $5.55 to have the Walther delivered between 5 and 8 p.m. You know, when I'd actually be home.

First thing this morning I go to the tracking information and... FuckedupintheExcess tried to deliver it at 9 a.m. but no one was home, so they'd try to deliver it the next business day (Monday). Or, I could pick it up at their hub!

You can better bet that I made a phone call on that.

But wait! It gets even better!

I talked to the CSR who said that... there was no information in her system that a delivery had been attempted, and it was still scheduled to be delivered between 5 and 8 p.m. today.

You can better bet that I pulled a screen shot of the FUITX web page...

She entered all of the information into the system and reconfirmed that it will be delivered today sometime between 5 and 8 p.m.

So... betting time guys.

What's the over/under on whether it will actually get to me today?

I'm betting... NO. It won't.

And you can better bet that if it doesn't I'm calling Visa and reversing that charge for a service not provided.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2019, 10:41:15 AM »

First thing this morning I go to the tracking information and... FuckedupintheExcess tried to deliver it at 9 a.m. but no one was home, so they'd try to deliver it the next business day (Monday). Or, I could pick it up at their hub!

You can better bet that I made a phone call on that.

But wait! It gets even better!

I talked to the CSR who said that... there was no information in her system that a delivery had been attempted, and it was still scheduled to be delivered between 5 and 8 p.m. today.

Recently had that very thing happen to me. I'm starting to think that's a weird Fedex thing.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2019, 10:44:56 AM »
Now you know why I call them FuckedupintheExcess.

And not fondly at all.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2019, 11:02:56 PM »
no gun yet?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2019, 11:43:02 PM »
Yes, it was delivered around 6:30. List of parts that was replaced. Need to sit down and take a look at the list

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2019, 07:10:36 AM »
All that was replaced was the striker spring and the spring guide.

Not sure when I'll be able to get it out to the range, but man I still love how this thing fits in my hand.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2019, 03:36:08 PM »
OK, FINALLY was able to get back out to the range with the repaired CCP. Took a couple hundred rounds of WWB 115 gr FMJ and a box of Ranger 147 gr JHP.

I put about 100 rounds through it with only one bobble, a failure to fully chamber a round. That might have been me as I was concentrating on not death gripping the gun and I might have had it just a bit too loose.

The trigger is very funky and I was having problems getting used to it but I was tightening my groups up by the end. Recoil is pretty light, even with 147s, but it really needs a heat shield above the trigger as it gets very hot there due to the delayed blowback piston.

It's a fairly long trigger reset, but that's OK because I'm really used to revolvers in that sense.

The one thing I don't much like about it is the shield behind the magazine release. It makes it rather difficult to release quickly.

Safety could use a bit more of a positive detent, but that's not a big deal.

All in all, I really like this gun. I was really upset when it crapped out so quickly on me during my first range trip, and I fully intend to put it through a couple more range sessions before I start carrying it, but I'm really hoping that it pans out. It's pretty much everything I want in a primary carry gun.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2019, 08:57:02 PM »
Outstanding!  Glad to hear it is working out so far. 

I had a pistol get returned last month.  It does feel good to have it back and working.  Like getting a new one.