Author Topic: Looks like Gov. Palin is resigning... speculate below  (Read 56661 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Looks like Gov. Palin is resigning... speculate below
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2009, 06:19:13 AM »

Oh, Jesus.  Here we go again.  ;/

Revolution, Apocalypse and SHTF/TEOTWAWKI, you've seen it here first on APS, folks...

The orange stains, they do go away, you know.

If you aren't worried to some extent you aren't paying attention.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2009, 07:13:48 AM »
fistful, she made some vague comments about remaining politically active, but she also explicitly said that she had polled her family and they all said they'd prefer her quitting her job.

Also, what MicroBalrog said.

If you treat an elected position as a job you can just quit mid-term when you want to spend more time with your family, or because you're the subject of personal attacks (note that she did not explicitly cite personal attacks as a reason for quitting), then you're in politics for the wrong reasons.

If she can't handle this, she would have had a complete meltdown as VP.  That speaks poorly of her in accepting the nomination, poorly of McCain for choosing her, and poorly of the GOP and everyone who rallied around her, IMO.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:18:44 AM by tyme »
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2009, 07:39:02 AM »
...  One imagines they only left the eldest lad alone because they realised he was about to become heavily armed.  Even with your media one would think that they would show some bloody restraint, but there was no sign of that - and indeed there has been no sign of them stopping doing it either.  

Actually there was even speculation that he joined the army because he was running away from fathering Bristol's baby.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2009, 07:49:13 AM »
Ooooh. So you not only expect Palin to have known ahead of time that she would become the especial target of wrath for the establishment press, but you also expect those who "rallied around her" to have known all along that she would be resigning early. 

I guess I should sign up for that whole vast right-wing conspiracy thing, just so I can get the secret memos. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

agricola

• friend
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2009, 07:58:36 AM »
If she can't handle this, she would have had a complete meltdown as VP.  That speaks poorly of her in accepting the nomination, poorly of McCain for choosing her, and poorly of the GOP and everyone who rallied around her, IMO.

You are missing the point.  

I cannot think of any politician, in any part of "the West" that has been attacked, and has seen her family attacked, as savagely as Palin was, and is being still.  The media does not usually go after the entirely blameless teenaged children of political figures, does not suggest that their children might not be their own, does not trowel on half-truth followed by half-truth, mix it with a load of false rumour from the internet and claim it as fact.  We now see the media - at least over here - chanting as a mantra that it was she who cost McCain the election, which of course convinently ignores McCain's own antics, the incredible bias shown by the media during the campaign, the Bush effect.  In short, the treatment of Palin by the media during that campaign was an utter disgrace - and if anything the fact that she did handle it tends to suggest she would have been a better VP than Biden is (though admittedly that is not setting the bar that high off the ground).

What politican, what person, would be able to handle having the world's media declaring open season on them?  Would Obama be able to handle his kids being treated in the same way?  
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2009, 10:32:47 AM »
Sometimes you just have to knock the pieces off the chessboard and leave the game.  Palin realizes that this game is being played far underground, not in exchanges of ideas or even verbal dust-ups.  She embodies the liberals' worst existential nightmare and if they don't destroy her they will go up in smoke like a pack of wicked witches.  She's saying "No thanks, I'm outta here, I don't need your lunacy."  What she's doing may not work but her instinct to change the rules isn't just some flighty impulse, it's deep and accurate.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

tyme

• expat
  • friend
    • TFL Library
« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2009, 11:40:51 AM »
Quote from: agricola
What politican, what person, would be able to handle having the world's media declaring open season on them?

There is always open season on politicians.

Palin is being attacked so aggressively because she continually acts like a nutjob, and perhaps also because there's an instinctive sense that, unlike most politicians, she's predisposed to crack under pressure... which she has done, in spectacular fashion.

The media does not usually go after the entirely blameless teenaged children of political figures

Bristol?  If she wanted to be left alone, she should have memorized the phrase "no comment" rather than appearing (repeatedly) on TV.  Bristol seems to like being in the news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eixcsj7FI6I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=banUnW8CA68
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2009, 11:54:15 AM »
Palin is being attacked so aggressively because she continually acts like a nutjob, and perhaps also because there's an instinctive sense that, unlike most politicians, she's predisposed to crack under pressure... which she has done, in spectacular fashion.

You must be in some alternate universe from this time-functions-as-linear one the rest of us inhabit, as the attacks started on her immediately after she accepted McCain's offer, before she said anything to the press.  She had no opportunity to act nutty for public consumption between that and the Republican convention.

This includes the speculation of Trig's parentage and a baker's dozen of other sordid stories later shown to be exercises in fiction.

We all get that you don't like her.  I can think of a few reasons not to like her my own self.  No need to cook up fiction to bolster your dislike or repeat the text from Huffpo's latest two minute hate.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2009, 12:18:24 PM »
That said, I would agree that her resignation does not bode well, if she's planning to run for high office.

Wouldn't that be "higher office"?

I mean, really, governor of a state is pretty damned high in the food chain...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

agricola

• friend
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2009, 12:20:42 PM »
Bristol?  If she wanted to be left alone, she should have memorized the phrase "no comment" rather than appearing (repeatedly) on TV.  Bristol seems to like being in the news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eixcsj7FI6I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=banUnW8CA68

You do know that those interviews both took place a considerable amount of time after all the stuff had been written about her, yes?  

As jfruser says - and the fact that he and I agree must be a first - the attacks on Palin began the moment she was put on the ticket.  The attacks are in the main not (as they usually are with politicians) about policies or past political positions, they are about her being stupid / white trash / a bad mother / mad / egotistical.
"Make peace, you fools"

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2009, 12:28:25 PM »
Palin is being attacked so aggressively because she continually acts like a nutjob,

Nutjob, err?

Don't see any of that from her.

I also highly doubt she would have a meltdown as VP. If Biden and Al Gore can handle the job, anybody can. Hell, I could, easily.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2009, 12:42:12 PM »
As jfruser says - and the fact that he and I agree must be a first

Broken clocks & all. 

Expect more wit and wisdom from me in eleven hours, forty-five minutes...
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2009, 12:48:48 PM »
You are missing the point.  

I cannot think of any politician, in any part of "the West" that has been attacked, and has seen her family attacked, as savagely as Palin was, and is being still.  The media does not usually go after the entirely blameless teenaged children of political figures, does not suggest that their children might not be their own, does not trowel on half-truth followed by half-truth, mix it with a load of false rumour from the internet and claim it as fact.  We now see the media - at least over here - chanting as a mantra that it was she who cost McCain the election, which of course convinently ignores McCain's own antics, the incredible bias shown by the media during the campaign, the Bush effect.  In short, the treatment of Palin by the media during that campaign was an utter disgrace - and if anything the fact that she did handle it tends to suggest she would have been a better VP than Biden is (though admittedly that is not setting the bar that high off the ground).

What politican, what person, would be able to handle having the world's media declaring open season on them?  Would Obama be able to handle his kids being treated in the same way?  
+1
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2009, 01:03:02 PM »
While the attacks on her and her family were brutal and unfair, quitting just tells the media that if they're cruel enough for long enough they can get rid of any politician they don't like. If our self proclaimed pit bull can't stand up to the MSM who can? =(
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2009, 01:15:34 PM »
Sometimes you just have to knock the pieces off the chessboard and leave the game.

Yea when your five.

This shows catastrophically poor judgment on her part.  Politicians are supposed to weigh family vs politics before they run, not after.  First she wants to be VP, then she decides she can't handle 18 more months of being Alaska's governor, for no other reason than she wants to spend time with her family? 
What the bloody hell would she have done if McCain had won the election?
It's nearly unheard of for someone to quit as governor in the middle of a term just because the spotlight is too bright.
Something is just not right with her.  I'm betting on a personality disorder or a criminal investigation.

+1 QFT

I dont get why its off limits to talk about her daughters pregnancy when she has said she would ban abortion, she's talking about restricting what your daughter can do but you can't talk about her's and her pregnancy, especially when asked about the pregnancy and what would happen she said it would be Bristol's "choice".

What she's capable of making the right choice, but no other females in this country are?

(This statement was not about Dave Letterman's joke, it was a crass joke and most likely intended for Bristol not ther 14 year old daughter. I also dont know how it turned into a "rape joke" once it made its was to APS forum, havn't heard that claim ANYWHERE else in the media, yea including Rush, and Sean. It was a crass, bad joke that wasn't even researched well, but not a rape joke.)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2009, 01:17:18 PM »
+1 QFT

I dont get why its off limits to talk about her daughters pregnancy when she has said she would ban abortion, she's talking about restricting what your daughter can do but you can't talk about her's and her pregnancy, especially when asked about the pregnancy and what would happen she said it would be Bristol's "choice".

What she's capable of making the right choice, but no other females in this country are?

(This statement was not about Dave Letterman's joke, it was a crass joke and most likely intended for Bristol not ther 14 year old daughter. I also dont know how it turned into a "rape joke" once it made its was to APS forum, havn't heard that claim ANYWHERE else in the media, yea including Rush, and Sean. It was a crass, bad joke that wasn't even researched well, but not a rape joke.)

:rolleyes: Ignorant post is ignorant.

Also, a grown man having sex with a 14 is statutory rape.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2009, 01:31:03 PM »
Sometimes you just have to knock the pieces off the chessboard and leave the game.

Yea when your five.

Or maybe some years later...when you realize the game is rigged?

It WAS a rape joke...or maybe you think it was just about A-Rod being above the law?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 05:07:18 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2009, 02:02:08 PM »

Ironically, this piece of nonsense is quite a good example of the Palin effect in the media. 

Sarah Palin has an opinion on abortion.  She has honestly expressed that opinion, an opinion which is shared by a large number of other people and the vast majority of churches (and indeed religions as a whole), and which she has (remarkably enough for a politician nowadays) lived her life in accordance with, despite having a clear choice to make regarding it herself. 

Somehow, that view has been twisted to "Sarah Palin wants to take away your right to an abortion", despite her never actually having done so, or having voted or tried to do so, and wil her having made repeated statements - of which you helpfully provide one - to the contrary.  The parallels with that californian beauty queen who was attacked for daring to hold an opinion not approved of by the mainstream should be obvious. 

"Make peace, you fools"

tyme

• expat
  • friend
    • TFL Library
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2009, 03:11:27 PM »
This includes the speculation of Trig's parentage and a baker's dozen of other sordid stories later shown to be exercises in fiction.

You're right.  It was completely responsible of 44-year-old Sarah to fly from Texas to Alaska leaking amniotic fluid, and anyone looking for a reason, however speculative, for why she might not have treated her baby with such casual disregard is obviously just part of the liberal attack machine.  :rolleyes:

Her bizarre behavior didn't start the media attention, but it has sustained it since the election.

Quote from: fistful
Ooooh. So you not only expect Palin to have known ahead of time that she would become the especial target of wrath for the establishment press, but you also expect those who "rallied around her" to have known all along that she would be resigning early.

What?  It speaks to her ability to cope with politics, which is a quality that should have been properly vetted before supporting her as a candidate for the second highest executive office in the country.  Do I need to remind you of all the mudslinging at Obama (I'm no fan of his, either) because of his lack of experience?  Does this resignation not prove beyond any doubt that Palin did not have the executive experience necessary to be a good VP candidate?  2.5 years of state-level executive experience and she just quits one day because she wants to spend more time with her family and avoid media attention?  If Obama flaked out, Republicans would be shouting "We told you so!" from the rooftops, regardless of how much media criticism or congressional gridlock he'd endured.  But Palin?

Quote from: Avenger29
I also highly doubt she would have a meltdown as VP. If Biden and Al Gore can handle the job, anybody can. Hell, I could, easily.

You really think being Governor of Alaska is more demanding than being VP?
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2009, 03:11:31 PM »
Agricola speaks true.

That's a big stretch from her simply stating her opinion to banning abortion.

Hyperbole is best used in moderation.  ;)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2009, 03:43:08 PM »
You're right.  It was completely responsible of 44-year-old Sarah to fly from Texas to Alaska leaking amniotic fluid, and anyone looking for a reason, however speculative, for why she might not have treated her baby with such casual disregard is obviously just part of the liberal attack machine.  :rolleyes:

Nah, just stone-ignorant of obstetrics and looking for something, anything, to beat her over the head with.

Heck, just from going to the obstetrician with my wife during her (uneventful) pregnancies, one learns that some babies are deliberately delivered weeks after the water breaks.  It is an issue and cause for concern, but not some sort of "Great Scot! Get that woman a fainting couch!  You! Go boil some water and tear up the nearest set of sheets...And YOU! Set your hair on fire and run around in circles..."

Here's a clue:  Not every pregnancy is a textbook case, and not every issue that pops up is cause to place the mother on bed rest and restrict her from movement or travel.

I would bet dollars to donuts that she called her obstetrician about the issue. 

Well, well, here we go.  Googling "palin flight amniotic fluid" should put to rest the speculation by budding obstetricians such as Dr. Andrew Sullivan and Dr. tyme.

Both Palin (who had already carried four other children to term) and her obstetrician thought her good-to-go.  Not only that, she was induced when she arrived home, indicating she was no where near labor.   

Story of Palin's Fifth Child, Trig

By LISA DEMER, Anchorage Daily News
Published: April 22nd, 2008 01:11 AM
Last Modified: April 22nd, 2008 12:05 PM

Gov. Sarah Palin was back at work Monday in Anchorage [trig was born 6:30 am Friday], holding a meeting on the proposed natural gas pipeline three days after giving birth to her fifth child.

Palin was in Texas last week for an energy conference of the National Governors Association when she experienced signs of early labor. She wasn't due for another month.

Early Thursday -- she thinks it was around 4 a.m. Texas time -- she consulted with her doctor, family physician Cathy Baldwin-Johnson, who is based in the Valley and has delivered lots of babies, including Piper, Palin's 7-year-old.

Palin said she felt fine but had leaked amniotic fluid and also felt some contractions that seemed different from the false labor she had been having for months.

"I said I am going to stay for the day. I have a speech I was determined to give," Palin said. She gave the luncheon keynote address for the energy conference.

Palin kept in close contact with Baldwin-Johnson. The contractions slowed to one or two an hour, "which is not active labor," the doctor said.

"Things were already settling down when she talked to me," Baldwin-Johnson said. Palin did not ask for a medical OK to fly, the doctor said.

"I don't think it was unreasonable for her to continue to travel back," Baldwin-Johnson said.

So the Palins flew on Alaska Airlines from Dallas to Anchorage, stopping in Seattle and checking with the doctor along the way.

"I am not a glutton for pain and punishment. I would have never wanted to travel had I been fully engaged in labor," Palin said. After four kids, the governor said, she knew what labor felt like, and she wasn't in labor.

Still, a Sacramento, Calif., obstetrician who is active in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, said when a pregnant woman's water breaks, she should go right to the hospital because of the risk of infection. That's true even if the amniotic fluid simply leaks out, said Dr. Laurie Gregg.

"To us, leaking and broken, we are talking the same thing. We are talking doctor-speak," Gregg said.

Some airlines have policies against pregnant women onboard during the last four weeks of pregnancy, and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists advises against flying after 36 weeks.

This was going to be Palin's last flight anyway, her doctor said.

Alaska Airlines has no such rule and leaves the decision to the woman and her doctor, said spokeswoman Caroline Boren. Palin was very pleasant to the gate agents and flight attendants, as always, Boren said.

"The stage of her pregnancy was not apparent by observation. She did not show any signs of distress," Boren said.

Palin never got big with this pregnancy. She said she didn't try to hide it but didn't feel a need to alert the airline, either.

They landed in Anchorage around 10:30 p.m. Thursday and an hour later were at the Mat-Su Regional Medical Center in Wasilla.

Baldwin-Johnson said she had to induce labor, and the baby didn't come until 6:30 a.m. Friday.

"It was smooth. It was relatively easy," Palin said. "In fact it was the easiest of all," probably because Trig was small, at 6 pounds, 2 ounces.

Palin said she wanted him born in Alaska but wouldn't have risked anyone's health to make that happen.

"You can't have a fish picker from Texas," said Todd.

Palin says she felt safe flying to Alaska to have baby

By Rebecca George

Originally published Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 12:07 a.m.
Updated Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 2:25 p.m.

Governor Sara Palin and her husband, Todd, present their fifth child, a boy named Trig Paxson Van Palin, who was born April 18, 2008. The Palin's confirmed that Trig, their second son, has Down Syndrome.

Anchorage Daily News

Gov. Sarah Palin’s decision to make the eight-hour flight from Dallas to Anchorage has some people wondering about the possible safety hazards of flying while in the late stages of pregnancy.

The governor, eight months into her pregnancy, noticed amniotic fluid Thursday morning prior to giving a keynote luncheon address at the Republican Governor’s Energy Conference in Texas. After wrapping up the speech, Palin and her husband consulted with her physician about possibly flying home on an earlier flight. After being granted permission from her doctor, she and her husband proceeded with the trek home.

At that point, Palin was only having minor contractions and was not showing signs of active labor, Sharon Leighow, the governor’s spokeswoman, said on Monday.

After the baby was born, Palin told her staff members that her experiences from four previous pregnancies made her comfortable with the signs of active labor. She felt that neither she nor her baby were in any danger, and so she flew home as scheduled.

Most airlines have specific policies concerning air travel during pregnancy, especially during the final months. For women traveling in the final month of pregnancy, a “permission-to-travel” letter is required by her primary physician. However, most restrictions rely on an honor policy that leaves the decision to notify the airline in the hands of the passenger.

The governor did not feel the need to inform the airline of her condition, Leighow said.

Alaska Airlines is one of the few airlines that does not have a policy regarding flight during pregnancy.

“We leave the decision to fly up to our customers and their medical advisers,” according to Alaska Airlines representative Caroline Boren.

Palin told her staff that she would not have boarded the plane had she thought she or her baby were in danger.

Had Palin needed medical assistance during the flight, ground agents and flight attendants for the airline are highly trained to look for signs of distress or other concerns with a passenger’s condition, Boren said.

“Governor Palin was extremely pleasant to flight attendants and her stage of pregnancy was not apparent by observation as she didn’t show any signs of distress,” Boren said.

Flight crew members are not specifically trained to assist in labor during a flight. But had Palin gone into active labor while en route to Anchorage, the crew would have been prepared to offer medical assistance through a system known as Med Link, a medical advisory service that allows crew members to radio for medical help during the flight.

The flight would not have needed to land, barring any emergency with the delivery.

No medical assistance was necessary for Palin during the flight.

Palin’s flight landed at 10:30 p.m. Thursday. She and her husband drove to the Mat-Su Valley Regional Medical Center, and she checked in with her doctor an hour later.

Trig Paxson Van Palin was born seven hours later.

The governor confirmed Monday that early testing showed that Trig was born with Down syndrome. The syndrome is a chromosomal disorder caused by the presence of all or part of an extra 21st chromosome.

Trig is the governor’s fifth child. She told her staff members that Trig was the easiest delivery of all her children.

Truly, I don't expect mere fact to quell the obstetric speculation and Palin Derangement Syndrome, but one ought to try to help disabuse the ill-informed of "what they know that ain't so."
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

agricola

• friend
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2009, 03:52:50 PM »
Do I need to remind you of all the mudslinging at Obama (I'm no fan of his, either) because of his lack of experience?  Does this resignation not prove beyond any doubt that Palin did not have the executive experience necessary to be a good VP candidate? 

Hang on - to abuse Palin and her family over issues utterly unconnected with policy is somehow to be expected in modern politics, and yet to point out that Obama lacks experience is mudslinging? 

;/

"Make peace, you fools"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2009, 05:09:10 PM »
Palin a nut job, who has "melted down"?  Pure myth. 

I did "rally around" Palin, both figuratively and literally.*  But you'll have to forgive me.  There was no way to vet her, an accomplished politician, to see if she could handle running for VP when she'd never done it before.  Mainly, I liked how she was a beacon of sense, humanity and enlightened liberalism in an age when the cruel, viciously stupid politics of an Obama are more fashionable. 

*I attended the post-debate rally in Saint Louis, where she spoke "in the round" to throngs of adoring, screaming supporters.  Lost the race for McCain, indeed.   ;/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 05:14:41 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2009, 05:15:56 PM »
What does Palin's resignation have to do with lack of experience?  You mean if she were experienced she'd have stayed on?  Is that what it says in the oh so successful Republican playbook?

Obama's problem isn't lack of experience, it's lack of the right kind of intelligence.  He can write an autobiography but he appears to prefer ideology over empirical evidence, and if you don't care what the world teaches you, "experience" doesn't mean much.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2009, 05:18:42 PM »
jfuser    its entirely uncalled for and unfair to invoke facts in this kinda discussion
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I