Author Topic: Zimmerman's Wife Arrested on Perjury Charge  (Read 9406 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Zimmerman's Wife Arrested on Perjury Charge
« on: June 12, 2012, 08:22:08 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmermans-wife-arrested-perjury-charge-205648308--abc-news-topstories.html

Bottom line is she is charged for concealing the money received from Zimmerman's website, and claimed that they had no money during his initial bond hearing.

At that time they had received $155K from the website, which had ballooned to 200K.

This kind of stupidity will continue to haunt Zimmerman's creditability when the trial arrives.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 12:25:26 PM by mtnbkr »
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Chester32141

• friend
Re: Zimmerman's Wife Arrested on Perjury Charge
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 08:38:02 PM »

If that's his wife maybe prison wouldn't be so bad ...  :angel:
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »

Snort!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:15:44 PM »
That didn't take long.  And yet Eric Holder hasn't even been cited for Contempt yet after 18 months or so of repeatedly lying under oath to Congress.
"It's good, though..."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 09:54:46 PM »
If Obama had an Attorney General, he'd look like... uh.. Eric Holder?
I promise not to duck.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 10:49:26 PM »
This really should not surprise anyone; it's been known they lied for awhile now -- and the mrs. was part of it.
And George was hardly a sterling example the NRA would like to use in the self-defense stories they publish in their monthly magazines.

Now that's just cruel.  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 10:57:44 PM »
And yet Eric Holder hasn't even been cited for Contempt yet after 18 months or so of repeatedly lying under oath to Congress.

No black youths in hoodies were killed because of Holder's actions, so obviously he's innocent.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 11:49:11 PM »
Details, details.  Zimmerman has to be made an example.  Follow the script.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 08:50:32 AM »
Why does one's net worth affect the amount of bail set by a judge?  I thought bail was to be set based on the crime and the likelyhood of a person to flee.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »
Why does one's net worth affect the amount of bail set by a judge?  I thought bail was to be set based on the crime and the likelyhood of a person to flee.

I thought so as well.  Any APS law types care to enlighten us.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 09:36:24 AM »
I thought so as well.  Any APS law types care to enlighten us.
If suspect a has a net worth of five million dollars, and suspect b has a net worth of eighty seven thousand dollars, with all things equal including flight risk, who's apt to leave fifty thousand at the courthouse and fly off to Brazil?

7-11 was a part time job.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 10:31:53 AM »
Zimmerman has already turned himself in three times - once the night of the incident (when he waited around for police); once when he was charged; and once after bail was revoked. He would seem to be a minimal flight risk.

High bail will help to impoverish him, reduce his opportunity to hide from Black Panther vigilantes, and make it difficult to pay his lawyer to mount a vigorous defense.

Which is the whole point. Charging the wife is just icing on the cake.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 11:02:02 AM »
I don't see how money donated for legal expenses has anything to do with bail bond.

This is a witch hunt, plain and simple.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 11:28:40 AM »
Details, details.  Zimmerman has to be made an example.  Follow the script.

This²

I don't see how money donated for legal expenses has anything to do with bail bond.

This is a witch hunt, plain and simple.

And this³
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 12:24:40 PM »

Does it not seem reasonable to believe that the greater amount of $$$$$ you have, the more likely you might be to flee, simply because it costs $$$$$ to flee?

While I agree many aspects of this case are taking on the appearance of a "witch hunt," G. Zimmerman is not a bright, shining example of self-defense the NRA should be using as exemplars in their magazines .........

His wife seems to be cut from much of the same cloth.............
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 12:58:07 PM »
Does it not seem reasonable to believe that the greater amount of $$$$$ you have, the more likely you might be to flee, simply because it costs $$$$$ to flee?

While I agree many aspects of this case are taking on the appearance of a "witch hunt," G. Zimmerman is not a bright, shining example of self-defense the NRA should be using as exemplars in their magazines .........

His wife seems to be cut from much of the same cloth.............
Yep, yep, yep and yep.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 01:20:18 PM »
It is probably really difficult to go from typical idiot skating along and managing to stay out of deep poop, then in a short period of time having every microscope that MSM/Big Govt has staring at you.

Lets not forget that while it does seem ( to us at least ) that the Zimmerman's are being tarred and feathered for defending their lives, they're not the brightest bulbs in the box.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 02:14:24 PM »

Lets not forget that while it does seem ( to us at least ) that the Zimmerman's are being tarred and feathered for defending their lives, they're not the brightest bulbs in the box.

Which means it's OK for the gov't to screw them over?....  ;/

The gov't has already decided that Zimmerman is going down....and they don't really care how he does....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 02:16:35 PM »
Which means it's OK for the gov't to screw them over?....  ;/

The gov't has already decided that Zimmerman is going down....and they don't really care how he does....

I don't think anyone's saying it's "OKAY" for the govt. to ''screw them over."
I think we're just saying that the Zimmermans' own decisions have not helped them in this condition and that they are in a worse position due to those bad decisions than they might be otherwise.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 03:20:45 PM »
I don't think anyone's saying it's "OKAY" for the govt. to ''screw them over."
I think we're just saying that the Zimmermans' own decisions have not helped them in this condition and that they are in a worse position due to those bad decisions than they might be otherwise.

Wouldn't using funds donated for legal defense for bail money also be a bad decision  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 04:07:29 PM »
I initially believed that the legal defense fund that was set up was a trust of sorts and that the Zimmerman's were like many, essentially pennyless.  But when I heard that she was using "code" in discussions at the jail and had moved money around prior to the bail hearing, I suspect she lied through her teeth.  That will go a long way in influencing a jury about Zimmerman's defense being essentially made up out for convenience to say he did what he did in self defense.  He probably believes it was self defense, but at this pont, I suspect he is headed for prison.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 04:45:01 PM »
Most of his defense hinges on his credibility, something he and his family seem hell-bent on ruining.
Yea, he's probably screwed.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 05:36:30 PM »
The "code" stuff they were mentioning is what was bugging me. 

HOWEVER, does the prosecutor have access to everything said between a husband and wife when he is in jail?  I can understand it might not be private, but that would seem to me to be a form of entrapment.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 05:43:42 PM »
I seem to recall reading that anything recorded on a jail phone could be used. And they did attempt to use a code, thus they were attempting to conceal the money.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 06:43:29 PM »
According to Professor Jacobson at Legal Insurrection, the perjury charge is overblown and probably won't stick. Also, the prosecutor, Angela Corey, deceptively edited the transcript to leave out clarifying information that would make a perjury charge even less likely to be successful.

Given Corey's antics antics to date (including threatening Harvard Law and Allan Dershowitz with a libel suit for Dershowitz's low opinion of the her conduct), I think she's going to end up crashing hard when this thing wraps up.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth