Author Topic: Get the popcorn ready  (Read 1382 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Get the popcorn ready
« on: March 27, 2022, 10:53:10 AM »
Just in case

[popcorn]

Give us the ability to fire Nancy Pelosi, take back the majority, impeach Joe Biden, and I'm going to nominate Donald J. Trump for Speaker of the United States House of Representatives! pic.twitter.com/FasAk2k4uW

— Rep. Matt Gaetz (@RepMattGaetz) March 27, 2022
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/03/27/f-reee-k-out-matt-gaetz-says-hell-nominate-trump-for-speaker-of-the-house-and-lefties-including-kathy-griffin-lose-whats-left-of-their-damn-minds/

I'm not holding my breath on it actually happening but the very thought it could has already got some blue checks in a panic.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
Re: Get the popcorn ready
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 01:10:08 PM »
What are they going to impeach Biden for?  Being a terrible president?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 02:04:55 PM »
What are they going to impeach Biden for?  Being a terrible president?

What was Trump impeached for (twice)?  Writing mean tweets?
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 02:37:28 PM »
What was Trump impeached for (twice)?  Writing mean tweets?

For not colluding with Russia like they were.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 03:27:24 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 06:45:34 PM »
Some folks are busy counting their chickens before they hatch.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 07:45:40 PM »
I doubt it will happen but you have a lot of people royally pissed the *expletive deleted*ck off right now.

I also didn’t think Trump had a snowball’s chance in hell in 16 and boy was I wrong lol
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2022, 07:47:15 PM »
I think trumps ship has sailed. And I voted for him twice. Need the same bull in a china shop but without his baggage.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2022, 09:44:46 PM »
Need the same bull in a china shop but without his baggage.

And without a Twitter account.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2022, 11:08:20 PM »
When Gingrich was Speaker, I read several comments as to how that position was even more powerful than the President's.

"Without a Twitter account."  LOL, Hawkmoon

Yeah, as President, that's a goodbye.  But he could pull a Hillary, as when she moved to New York to establish residency and ran for Senate in that g-d-forsaken  blue State.

He could establish residency in a firmly red state and run for the Senate or House from there.  'Cause we dearly need a couple of bulls in those china shops. Yowsa yowsa.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 11:20:28 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2022, 01:01:18 AM »
Some folks are busy counting their chickens before they hatch.

As in, the GOP hasn't won the mid-terms yet? It ain't chicken-counting. It's a campaign promise: vote for us, and we'll impeach Biden.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2022, 09:06:09 AM »
As in, the GOP hasn't won the mid-terms yet? It ain't chicken-counting. It's a campaign promise: vote for us, and we'll impeach Biden.

Yes, as in the GOP winning the mid-terms.  Lots of assumptions being made about how it's a sure thing.  It is not a sure thing, not by a long shot.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2022, 09:08:05 AM »
Like I like said I'm not holding my breath just enjoying the freak out at the mere possibility of it happening.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 01:13:06 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2022, 01:12:25 PM »
It's a campaign promise: vote for us, and we'll impeach Biden.

This is all politics is any more.  Vote for us and we'll hurt them.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2022, 03:05:17 PM »
And without a Twitter account.
I still think we should do the opposite.  Pass a law required every federally elected office to join a social media outlet and personally (no assistants) post something every day.  Might end up being nothing, but could be a lot of entertainment. 

I always liked seeing Trump's tweets versus hearing the media tell me what he said.  I think a lot of people have some odd ball idea that elected politicians are statesmen or something.  Requiring them all to post messages might help people leave behind that antiquated idea and move into reality.  Realize just what idiots a lot of them are if they don't already know.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2022, 04:14:22 PM »
Covfefe
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2022, 05:02:46 PM »
. . .  Realize just what idiots a lot of them are if they don't already know.
I've seen at least one first-term congressman say words to the effect that now that he was in the legislature himself, he was shocked at how unimpressive a lot of his long-serving colleagues were when speaking to them face-to-face, away from the cameras.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2022, 10:25:22 PM »
I doubt it will happen but you have a lot of people royally pissed the *expletive deleted*ck off right now.

I also didn’t think Trump had a snowball’s chance in hell in 16 and boy was I wrong lol
me too, I was really,REALLY, against Trump, I thought he was another Ross Perot - put there to hand the election to Hilary.

I was so, so, so .... wrong.  I loved the 45 presidency more than any other in my lifetime, he was the most fun President in history.

I wonder if he can make a comeback, but I suspect the D's would instigate genocidal civil war rather than allow a Trump 47
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2022, 03:42:34 PM »
Like you I hated Trump at first... and he gobsmacked me by being a pretty great president for the first three years.  He kind of was terrible for the last year though.  I am ready for someone else now.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2022, 07:23:13 PM »
Right now I'd like to see him pull a Hillary and establish residency in a purely red state and get himself elected as a Representative or Senator.

I'd sure like to hear him on the floor of either house.  Yowsa !

And not that my legal knowledge of how censures work in the houses is any good, he'd probably be impregnable to Leftist attacks.

By "pull a Hillary," I mean when HRC moved to Noo Yawk, barely established residency in that purely blue state, and got to be a Senator, much to the orgasms of every woman in Noo Yawk.  I don't think that's slander. Is that slander?

Terry

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2022, 07:30:25 PM »
Right now I'd like to see him pull a Hillary and establish residency in a purely red state and get himself elected as a Representative or Senator.

I'd sure like to hear him on the floor of either house.  Yowsa !

By "pull a Hilary," I mean when HRC moved to Noo Yawk, barely established residency in that purely blue state, and got to be a Senator, much to the orgasms of every woman in Noo Yawk.  I don't think that's slander. Is that slander?

Terry

Didn't JFK Jr. conveniently die in a private plane crash thus vacating the candidacy just in time for Hillary to pick it up?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2022, 07:41:38 PM »
If you're alleging what I think you're alleging, there's no proof of that. And with respect to "proof":

There is no proof without evidence.

There is no evidence without investigation.

There is no investigation without suspicion.

But suspicion without proof is paranoia, so shut up, you paranoid conservative.

If by some quirk of fate or body of prayer that Trump ever became Speaker of the House, I'd love to watch his choices in Committee assignments.

"Leftwards, are you?  No Committees for you!"

Except maybe an appointment to the Committee on Building Janitorial Services.

That might end up being a committee of 435 ÷ 2 = 217.5 Leftists.

:rofl:

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 08:03:43 PM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2022, 08:33:50 PM »
If you're alleging what I think you're alleging, there's no proof of that. And with respect to "proof":

There is no proof without evidence.

There is no evidence without investigation.

There is no investigation without suspicion.

But suspicion without proof is paranoia, so shut up, you paranoid conservative.

If by some quirk of fate or body of prayer that Trump ever became Speaker of the House, I'd love to watch his choices in Committee assignments.

"Leftwards, are you?  No Committees for you!"

Except maybe an appointment to the Committee on Building Janitorial Services.

That might end up being a committee of 435 ÷ 2 = 217.5 Leftists.

:rofl:

Terry, 230RN

- Calvin and Hobbes

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2022, 10:40:23 PM »
The Clinton’s are evil, but they’re not THAT good at making murder seem like an accident.  JFK Jr fell victim to spatial disorientation due to being unqualified for IFR and not turning the *expletive deleted*ck around when he encountered IMC while on a VFR flight.  He didn’t look at, or didn’t believe, his instruments and wound up in a “dead man’s spiral” until he went CFIT (in this case the terrain was water).  It was a VERY classic case of a rich guy buying way more plane that he skilled to fly and being as arrogant as the stereotype in believing his money conferred skills not in evidence.  He darwinated himself.  While likely not an unwelcome result from HRCs perspective it didn’t require (or involve) any skullduggery on her part.
Formerly sumpnz

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2022, 10:59:20 PM »
The Clinton’s are evil, but they’re not THAT good at making murder seem like an accident.  JFK Jr fell victim to spatial disorientation due to being unqualified for IFR and not turning the *expletive deleted*ck around when he encountered IMC while on a VFR flight.  He didn’t look at, or didn’t believe, his instruments and wound up in a “dead man’s spiral” until he went CFIT (in this case the terrain was water).  It was a VERY classic case of a rich guy buying way more plane that he skilled to fly and being as arrogant as the stereotype in believing his money conferred skills not in evidence.  He darwinated himself.  While likely not an unwelcome result from HRCs perspective it didn’t require (or involve) any skullduggery on her part.

I hear he is only secretly dead and actually planning on returning and revealing he is "Q"
 :rofl: :rofl: :old: :old: [tinfoil] [tinfoil]
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."