Author Topic: The last straw? Or has the camel already been crushed?  (Read 1267 times)

fifth_column

• friend
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: The last straw? Or has the camel already been crushed?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 05:49:48 PM »
No, it's not.

America is 20 years away from a last straw, from a tolerance perspective.

The only thing that will kick off the watering of the tree of liberty is dramatic financial insolvency.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 08:46:03 PM »
No, it's not.

America is 20 years away from a last straw, from a tolerance perspective.

The only thing that will kick off the watering of the tree of liberty is dramatic financial insolvency.
Pucker up, buttercup.  We are living in Interesting Times.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 05:28:10 AM »
I'd have wanted them arrested, selective partial shutdown or no.

Too bad DC does not have the same view of jaywalking as VA does.  (Jaywalkers have no right of way and may be civilly liable for damages and trauma they cause when struck by an automobile.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 01:13:41 PM »
I love that picture of Rangel in cuffs.  Shame he was out of jail in under an hour.  Had you or I committed the financial improprieties that he did, we'd be sharing a cell with Bernie Madoff.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 04:17:56 PM »
I'd love to see SCOTUS deal with this.  Congresscritters are immune from arrest/prosecution for what they do while Congress is in session.  What most folks, including congresscritters, do not understand is that it applies to acts committed on the floor of Congress - not out on the streets.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Congressional+immunity

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.