Author Topic: So what's on everyone's T-giving menus?  (Read 2586 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: So what's on everyone's T-giving menus?
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2018, 05:38:45 PM »
I am doubling the recipe to make sure there is enough!

I ended up tripling the recipe (six cans beans, three cans soup, 2.25 cups milk, 3 Tb Worcestershire sauce and 1.5 packages french fried onions)  to fit in a 9x13 pan.  The pan was completely cleaned out.  I honestly thought I might be one of the few people eating it but I was wrong.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2018, 08:38:56 PM »
My wife had to cook for 20 family members and friends.  All the usual, roasted turkey and stuff(ings), mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, peas, homemade biscuits, various desserts.
I had to work until 7:30 PM so I didn't get home until festivities were well underway.  Being the best wife ever, she made me fresh cranberry sauce with real cranberries, even though I am the only one that likes them in the whole extended family.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 08:09:09 AM »
My family always wanted the canned stuff until I started making it using Alton Brown's recipe. Then even my brother, who only wanted the jelly, never the stuff with the berries, started eating it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2018, 09:56:13 AM »
We just had turkey with gravy and cornbread dressing along with mashed potatoes and green beans.  Some rolls on the side.  Nothing fancy. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 10:51:22 AM »
Doesn't have to be fancy to be good or memorable.

Few years ago (last year I cooked for my Mom) I did a pork loin roast and some of the best au gratin potatoes I've ever had.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.