Author Topic: Hunter kills most metal deer ever  (Read 694 times)

Pb

• friend

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Hunter kills most metal deer ever
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 12:12:53 PM »
Not unusual for antlered species:

https://youtu.be/_HwR-eFA9sY ( 5:18)

(There's a happy ending.)

Makes you wonder about the adaptive advantage of having big antlers.

(Yeah, I was going to say "having a big rack.")

By the way, it's the root of the expression "to lock horns" over a problem.  But you knew that, right?

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 12:23:49 PM »
I knew a guy here in Illinois (before he moved to Wisconsin) got a phone call from a farmer. They were trying to pick corn and 2 big buck were locked head to head out in the field. Both alive but in pretty rough shape. The stronger one of the two kept getting up and dragging the other before laying down again exhausted. He went out with his bow and one tag but called a conservation officer before doing anything. He showed up and allowed him to take both because he said neither would survive. He had them both mounted with horns locked. The taxidermist had to take measurements and split the skull of one to get them apart to cape them. They were pretty cool mounted on a round table top. Iirc he sold them after awhile for significant coin.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 12:45:18 PM »
I hope this commenter is having us on.

Very odd as to how the bucks got tangled this way since they are both facing same direction.
this looks very suspicious that maybe the hunter found a dead carcass and entangled the antlers for publicity!!!!
it is not possible for deer to tangle this way unless you are gullible and believe the 2 bucks were kissing and making up!!!!
either way this hunter should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law since he obviously shot two bucks and had both in his possession which is a violation of the game laws!
one buck per tag per season and you have to tag the first before you can harvest the second, in this case he failed to tag the first one before entangling the antlers with the second!
this picture is suspect!!!!!!!!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 03:12:29 PM »
I hope this commenter is having us on.

He doesn't know what he is commenting about. I've watched bucks fighting and they go at each other in all sorts of directions. They USUALLY go head on but then they grind and twist trying to gain an advantage.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 06:28:39 PM »
He doesn't know what he is commenting about. I've watched bucks fighting and they go at each other in all sorts of directions. They USUALLY go head on but then they grind and twist trying to gain an advantage.

And it almost seems like the buck who backs off would end up with the survival advantage.
 Well, maybe not.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.