Author Topic: Rocketbook Reusable Notebook  (Read 802 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Rocketbook Reusable Notebook
« on: November 30, 2018, 11:05:16 AM »
Has anyone heard of these or similar products or used them? This popped up as an Amazon Deal today and sounded interesting.

Basically, it's a notebook you can write on with a special ink and stick it in the microwave to erase and reuse. Additionally, your handwritten notes can be transferred to your computer or phone or the cloud.

When I was in college, I would have killed for something like this, especially for studying for finals and stuff. I transferred a LOT of handwritten notes to Word over the years. I still take a lot of handwritten notes for myself for various things and could really see the use for something like this. The reviews are spotty on this one though. I'm wondering if other brands exist with better reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Rocketbook-Wave-Smart-Notebook-Executive/dp/B01GTYVEHI/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Rocketbook Reusable Notebook
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 11:08:19 AM »
Reusable up to 5 times?

$20+

Sorry, but for me, this is one of those "this is something you never heard of before, but no matter what you don't need it."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 11:10:17 AM »
there are pens that record your writing and you can download into a word file.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 11:14:49 AM »
there are pens that record your writing and you can download into a word file.

Any names? That would make more sense for what I was thinking than the notebook.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 11:21:27 AM »
Any names? That would make more sense for what I was thinking than the notebook.

Start here https://www.toptenreviews.com/electronics/family/best-digital-pens/

I've never used one, just remember seeing students use them while I was working for Iowa State University. I asked them about them and they were happy with them.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 11:50:32 AM »
Thanks. I realize there's probably not a big market for them. As an old guy, I still find it easier and faster to write a note with pen/paper/notebook/post-it than to type the note into a tiny phone keyboard. As a not super old guy, I also like the ability to have my notes with me electronically. :)

About the only notes I do 100% on the phone are shopping lists in Colornote and encrypted notes of various login information for when I'm traveling.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 01:32:07 PM »
Can I get the pen in a .5mm tip?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 02:52:41 PM »
I've never used one, just remember seeing students use them while I was working for Iowa State University. I asked them about them and they were happy with them.
The CEO of my company had a pen like that for a while.  When he got it he talked about how cool the idea was all the time but ended up ditching it pretty quickly.  They may have gotten better since then.

I've got a Surface Book 2 that I can write/sketch on for notes I want to keep, and OneNote does a really good job converting written writing to searchable text, but for fast notes it's hard to beat paper.  The heat and eat notebook thing doesn't appeal to me.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 03:22:36 PM »
Can I get the pen in a .5mm tip?

I'd rather have one in 5.56mm
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 03:51:16 PM »
I'd rather have one in 5.56mm

That would leave a mark

Uranus is a gas giant.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 04:09:58 PM »
That would leave a mark

Isn't that what a pen or stylus is supposed to do?  ???
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design