Author Topic: Dixie Chicks opening for the Eagles now?  (Read 7465 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Dixie Chicks opening for the Eagles now?
« on: May 01, 2010, 12:44:28 PM »
Saw it on a billboard; just thought it was hilarious.  Schadenfreude; it's what's for dinner.

http://www.dixiechicks.com/splash.html
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Re: Dixie Chicks opening for the Eagles now?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 02:10:40 PM »
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 02:24:31 PM »
Nothing like trying to claw your way out of the huge, dark hole you dug for yourself.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 02:58:36 PM »
Saw it on a billboard; just thought it was hilarious.  Schadenfreude; it's what's for dinner.

http://www.dixiechicks.com/splash.html

Proverbs 24:17-18 (King James Version)

17Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:

18Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.

Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 06:27:52 PM »
March 16, 2010
The Eagles, Dixie Chicks and Keith Urban* will be touring together

So did Keith Urban dig himself a huge, dark hole too?

taurusowner

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 06:31:34 PM »
I've had a rough night and I hate the ####ing Eagles man

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 07:01:03 PM »
 :lol:( and yeah i know the its team but it is still funny [popcorn])

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 07:28:38 PM »
Pffft, I'd like to go just to check out Joe Walsh again. Frye is ok, screw Henley. Closest they seem to be coming is Boston. What is this "Chixie Dicks" of which you speak.

I liked Larry's take on them, "The Dixie Chicks are ok, I just wish that little fat one would keep her mouth shut."  ;)
Avoid cliches like the plague!

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 08:38:26 PM »
I'd pay good money to see Joe Walsh play.  As for the Dixie Chicks?  I don't care for the politics of a lot of singers but that doesn't mean I still don't like listening to them.  Dave Matthews, for example.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 08:42:22 PM »
We just need a Joe Walsh show.

"Naked as the day that you were born."

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 09:18:56 PM »
I'd pay good money to see Joe Walsh play.  As for the Dixie Chicks?  I don't care for the politics of a lot of singers but that doesn't mean I still don't like listening to them.  Dave Matthews, for example.
Made me sad when I found out about Matthews' benefit concert for Obama.  I've been to two or three of his shows out of VA Beach.  I took him out of my MySpace's friend list.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 09:49:42 PM »

His "singing" IS a huge, dark hole....  [barf]

....good thing Nicole Kidman is tone deaf....  :lol:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 10:19:28 PM »
First time I seen them was in San Diego. There was a rumor going around that Jow Walsh was going to play with them. Sure enough they announced him as "Special Guest". This was before "Hotel Caklifornia" came out so they played all old Eagles and old JW. Damn good concert! Then years later I saw Glenn Frye and Joe Walsh here in CT. Joe came out in the old glasses and mustache disguise thingy and played damn near the whole night like that. Funny as hell. They did "Smugglers blues" and afterwrads JW says, "Now that's a song! And gets down on his knees and starts doing the "We are not worthy" kowtows. He was also wearing some crazy B&W checked not a ballcap hat for most of the show as well until some woman came out of the crowd and talked him into swapping her ballcap for his crazy hat. All in all it was a great show too.  ;)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 10:24:38 PM »
Eagles got some great tunes. I'd rather listen to them than just about anything new.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 10:25:44 PM »
I like the Dixie Chicks.  The Eagles aren't so bad either. 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 10:56:28 PM »
Wait.  There are people out there who still like Dave Matthews?  ???

As for the Dixie Chicks?  I don't care for the politics of a lot of singers but that doesn't mean I still don't like listening to them. 

I know what you mean.  But as we have seen, it is a deal-breaker for a lot of fans.  As long as the performers don't whine about that fact.  As I recall, the Chicks were a little whiny. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:59:43 PM by fistful »

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 11:14:45 PM »
As I recall, the Chicks were a little whiny. 

Perhaps, but the album they released about their blacklisting is a freaking masterpiece.  I guess I just don't follow much of anything beyond the music, so I'm more or less immune to musician politics.  Was always kind of weirded out by the Dixie Chicks cover art, all that fancy, skimpy stuff, so with them even more than other bands, I just listen to the music. 

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 11:15:58 PM »
I read somewhere the DC broke up.  The two originals gave the heave-oh to the opinionated one.  Guess I was wrong.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 12:39:59 AM »
His "singing" IS a huge, dark hole.... 

Hey, I don't like Keith Urban but I wouldn't hesitate to take a woman to one of his shows.   :angel:

I read somewhere the DC broke up.  The two originals gave the heave-oh to the opinionated one.  Guess I was wrong.

No, they just released an album without Natalie Mains on it.  It has a different sound than the DC sound.  But if they did give the loud mouth the heave ho and went back to playing bluegrass I'd be happy with that too.

Wait.  There are people out there who still like Dave Matthews? 

And Jack Johnson and Ben Harper too!  If I had to guess I would say they are both pretty liberal.

Big Whiskey and the Gru Grux King is a pretty good album.  Just like the one the DC released about being blacklisted.  I listen to Crosby, Stills and Nash, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Clapton, Joe Islam and a whole bunch of others whose politics I don't really care for, but hey, it's a free country. 

280plus

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2010, 06:40:27 AM »
My experience with celebrities is that on the average they're not all that smart. Given that my thought is they should stick to the beng celebrities and stay away from the politics.

"The China Syndrome" comes to mind. A friend of mine is a nuke. He designs fuel rods for Westinghouse. He said that almost overnight from the release of that movie the orders for nuclear reactors started to be canceled and it is only now that the industry is starting to recover. Ever watch that movie? It's a piece of trash. "Facts? We don't need facts. We'll make up our own."

Hence an example of how a cast of idiots in a movie chock full of bullshit can sway policy in this country.

Take Sally "What a friggin idiot" Fields. "That damn war." What war? You mean the one that's keeping some guy with a club from forcing you to wear a burqua? That war? Yea, who needs that?  ;/

[/soap box]  =D

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 06:52:14 AM »

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 08:10:57 AM »

The Eagles are consistently one of the biggest live music draws. Wherever they go, they sell out and command high ticket prices. In this economy, the DC and KE are doing well to be on this tour. 

Check out a lot of the touring acts this summer. There are lots of live acts touring together due to the cost of touring and the fact that far fewer people are shelling out money for live music thanks to the down economy. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 11:12:14 AM »
The Dixie Chicks are the living definition of the word "caterwauling" ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 12:50:23 PM »
Not that long ago the DC were headliners . . . now they're a warm-up act for a bunch of old timers. Oh, well, don't feel too sorry for them, I'm sure they're still making a ton of money. Thing is, if the singer handn't opened her mouth, they'd probably be making ten tons of money.

Now I confess . . . I liked the DC video of Goodbye Earl with Dennis Franz (Det. Buntz from Hill Street Blues.) It was funny, and after all, it did include a dancing zombie . . .  :laugh:

Problem is, virtually everything else I've heard from the DC sounds the same. Exactly the same.

Hearing a DC song once is OK . . . hearing another DC song right after is tiresome . . . three or more in a row is about as entertaining as dragging your fingernails across a chalkboard. I don't think I could stand to listen to an entire DC album, much less attend a concert. (shudder)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 12:56:18 PM »
Not that long ago the DC were headliners . . . now they're a warm-up act for a bunch of old timers. Oh, well, don't feel too sorry for them, I'm sure they're still making a ton of money. Thing is, if the singer handn't opened her mouth, they'd probably be making ten tons of money.

That's what I was thinking.