Author Topic: Beloit Police Ask Residents To Volunteer To Have Their Homes Searched For Guns  (Read 1289 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
http://www.wpr.org/beloit-police-ask-residents-volunteer-have-their-homes-searched-guns

Here's another Bright IdeaTM

Police Chief Norm Jacobs said he doesn't expect the phone to be ringing off the hook with requests for police to search their homes. He nevertheless hopes the program will encourage people to think about gun violence as an infectious disease like Ebola, and a home inspection like a vaccine to help build up the city's immune system.

Question for our WI APS contingent, what do they put in the water up there?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:32:30 AM by adively »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
http://www.wpr.org/beloit-police-ask-residents-volunteer-have-their-homes-searched-guns

1. Look at a map of Wisconsin. Locate Beloit. If Wisconsin had an "anus", where would it be?

2. Beloit is rather scruffy. It's one of those oddball countryside medium-small town ghettos that somehow exist without a larger urban area to create it/support it.

2010 census[edit]
As of the census[2] of 2010, there were 36,966 people, 13,781 households, and 8,867 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,128.2 inhabitants per square mile (821.7/km2). There were 15,177 housing units at an average density of 873.7 per square mile (337.3/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 68.9% White, 15.1% African American, 0.4% Native American, 1.1% Asian, 10.0% from other races, and 4.4% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 17.1% of the population.

There were 13,781 households of which 36.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 39.6% were married couples living together, 18.3% had a female householder with no husband present, 6.4% had a male householder with no wife present, and 35.7% were non-families. 29.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.57 and the average family size was 3.16.

The median age in the city was 33.1 years. 27.1% of residents were under the age of 18; 12.1% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 25.7% were from 25 to 44; 23.1% were from 45 to 64; and 12% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 47.9% male and 52.1% female.

3. We'd be disgusted, but not surprised if Chicago, L.A. or wherever announced a program like this. This is probably aimed at baby-mommas who need to drop a dime on their neer-do-well teenaged sons as a last ditch effort.
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
Beloit is a city that borders on IL. Its a ghetto infested dump that I think came really close to going bankrupt a few years ago.
The rest of WI doesn't want Beloit, and IL wouldn't take it from us for free.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Beloit is a city that borders on IL. Its a ghetto infested dump that I think came really close to going bankrupt a few years ago.

I always kind of wondered how Beloit got that way. Was it spill-over from Rockford?  People moving in for the meat packing jobs, then the boom-bust cycles left a permanent unemployed/welfare population who stayed?  ???
I promise not to duck.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon

that's what I was thinking.  Beloit's not that far from Rockford/Loves Park/Machesney Park. The latter being the furthest north, with an iffy reputation.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

zxcvbob

• friend

Are people really that stupid?  The cops won't *just* be looking for guns, they'll also be looking for drugs and cash. 
And what happens when they find your spouse's gun?  (just handguns, or rifles and shotguns too?)

It's like inviting a vampire in.
"It's good, though..."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
BRILLIANT APS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY!!!

Free home inspections and firearm removed service!!! We won't bust you for anything!*

*except meth labs. Not meth, just the labs that can go all boomy if sparked.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

HankB

• friend
Are people really that stupid? 

Did you notice the money quote in the story from the momma of one of the "victims" of gun violence?

“Pretty much all those kids and young men just need to be is educated,” said Holloway. “You have a lot of them that barely read at a fifth-grade level yet they're 25 year-old-men.

Some years back the police started doing door-to-door gun searches in Chicago's housing projects - without warrants. People had to go to court to get a judge to issue an order stopping them. And, sadly, nobody was fined, jailed, arrested, or prosecuted for this blatant violation of constitutional rights by authorities.  :'(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Ahh. The smell of healing  [popcorn]
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.