Author Topic: Columbia Law Students Get Exams Delayed to Deal with Trauma of Ferguson & Garner  (Read 1417 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
No, you cannot make it up.  Students at Georgetown and Harvard are now wanting the same dispensation.

Money quote from first line of article:
This won't prepare them for tough judges, unscrupulous clients or merciless partners at the law firms they hope to work for.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/09/columbia-law-students-get-exams-delayed-to-deal-with-trauma-ferguson-garner/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Money quote from first line of article:

Alternatively, it means that they won't just 'put up with' said tough clients, but seek to make their own lives easier through any means necessary.  IE they COULD put up with it, by why should they if they can get away with it?

It all depends on how invested they are in the scheme.

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

T.O.M.

• friend
This is either the worst PC crap I have ever read, or a brilliant move by the law students to avoid exams, using  all this crap as an excuse to party more and study less.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Meanwhile, young black men all over America (those upon whom open season has supposedly been declared) are still going about their daily lives. But a bunch of mostly-white law students, who will go on to live lives of "privilege," need time off.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
This is going on at a bunch of colleges.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
I was in law school when the Rodney King/LA riots took place.  There was some tension around the school, some minor violence.  Some students asked about delaying some testing and projects because of restricted hours at the library and such.  One professor told us a story about dripping snot on an exam in the 60s because of tear gas in the buildings during the rioting, followed by the statement "suck it up."

The wussification of Amreica...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Romeo and Juliet : Act 2, Scene 2

JULIET
 33   O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
 34   Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
 35   Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
 36   And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

America and Terry : Act 2, Scene 2

TERRY
 33   O America, America! wherefore art thou America?
 34   Deny thy liberal bent and shun its bunk ;
 35   Or, if thou wilt not, be but a little realistic,
 36   And I'll then be but a bit centristic.  

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:52:45 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.