Author Topic: Texas Sues GA, MI, PA and WI in USSC  (Read 7066 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Texas Sues GA, MI, PA and WI in USSC
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2020, 08:51:27 AM »
Us boomers are still operating under the delusion the constitution is still the law of the land.

Old habits die hard.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2020, 01:32:47 PM »
Us boomers are still operating under the delusion the constitution is still the law of the land.

Old habits die hard.

I fully expect we will be given a new constitution by our benevolent leaders sometime in the next few years.  The current one was written by slave owning white Christians solely to oppress the BIPOC, gay and trans people.
The new constitution will grant us all the wonderful human rights our political masters think we should have.
But this is a discussion for another thread.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2020, 01:34:12 PM »

Old habits die hard.

It's which way are the feelings blowing at the moment now.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2020, 08:22:12 AM »
Has there been a case anywhere where any court has ruled on the facts instead of denying standing?
Yes, just recently.
The courts and state officials, we’ve been told, have invoked legal technicalities, such as the supposed lack of standing to sue, in order to stop the campaign from calling witnesses and introducing voluminous documentary evidence.

So what happened in Wisconsin?

Judge Ludwig denied the state’s claims that the campaign lacked standing. Instead, he gave the campaign the hearing they asked for — the opportunity to call witnesses and submit damning exhibits. Yet, when it got down to brass tacks, the morning of the hearing, it turned out there was no actual disagreement between the Trump team and Wisconsin officials about the pertinent facts of the case. The president’s counsel basically said: Never mind, we don’t need to present all our proof . . . we’ll just stipulate to all the relevant facts and argue legal principles.

In the end, after all the heated rhetoric, what did they tell the court the case was really about? Just three differences over the manner in which the election was administered — to all of which, as Ludwig pointed out, the campaign could have objected before the election if these matters had actually been of great moment.

There was no there there. Despite telling the country for weeks that this was the most rigged election in history, the campaign didn’t think it was worth calling a single witness. Despite having the opportunity of a hearing before a Trump appointee who was willing to give the campaign ample opportunity to prove its case, the campaign said, “Never mind.”
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2020, 08:59:39 AM »
Good read, thanks for the link.

The obvious middle of the night Biden surge in key states after they stopped counting is definitely smoke. 

If the Trump team doesn't actually have the goods to prove the game was rigged (here is the fire) then there isn't much to be said or done.

I am forever thankful to Trump for revealing and smoking out the enemies of heritage America (including The National Review).

To me he is/was nothing more than a firebreak holding back the globalists from administering the coup de grace that will finish off the remnant of what's left of the republic.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2020, 10:51:26 AM »
I almost edited the above post but the edit ran long ...  :laugh:

From the beginning of the contesting of the election I was hoping for overwhelming and incontrovertible evidence that would prove the fraud  beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I believe that a very strong case has been made circumstantially across all the contested states individually and as a whole.

What I wanted to see was the smoking gun that could not be hand waved away.

Instead we see dozens of little corruptions that build up to the big fraud but also represent individual weaknesses in the overall case. For example, the above Trump retreat in Wisconsin casts a shadow on upon all the similar cases, fair or not.

Early on I said that extraordinary claims will require extraordinary proofs.

We need a slam dunk that will shut the mouths of the leftist Democrats/Republicans.

The public will not accept overturning an election based on complicated three dimensional explanations of how there was fraud.

The public already accepts that there is fraud in every election.

There needs to be proof that this was worse than ever before and has to be easily digestible.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2020, 10:59:58 AM »
Yes.  For once I agree with Ron.

We all already know that there is fraud in every election, we joke on here about dead people voting blue all the time.  The Dems I know in real life are just as convinced the GOP runs dirty schemes to win elections. (In this case, I think whether either party actually does cheat is less important then the public's perception that cheating is common).

So if the US were going to flip this election without just a lot of public angst, we would pretty much need to find the print shop that printed the extra ballots, and then have video of them being loaded in a car, and unloaded at a counting spot.  Something that could be condensed into a TikTok video length for consumption.

It's looking like that evidence isn't going to be forthcoming.

Now we need to figure out how we are going to handle living in a country where 60-70% of the people don't trust the elections.  If only 0.5% of that 60% is bat-*expletive deleted*it crazy and motivated, that's a lot of crazy running around out there.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2020, 11:08:35 AM »
the idea behind the lawsuit was the correct one. States should not be allowed to change the rules in the middle of the game, and if there is one fight that needs to continue beyond this election, it is a fight to ensure that our elections systems are as trustworthy as possible and that the policies and procedures in place to run an election within a state are as fair to the voters as possible.

This is not about overturning the election, mind you. Not at this point. There does not seem to be a legal avenue anymore to do that, and many of the legal avenues conservatives were led to believe existed were badly mishandled by the President’s lawyers and his allies. Instead, this needs to be about overturning the idea that states are allowed to change their election rules on a whim.

It would be nice if this resulted in some improvements, but I have my doubts. State legislatures in the former blue wall states had sufficient time and forewarning that processing record numbers of mail-in ballots would be problematic yet did nothing to improve the counting process. While Trump could lead the charge and easily keep some focus on actually fixing these election issues, I suspect it won't hold his interest for long once his personal success is no longer the issue at stake.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2020, 11:21:04 AM »
There are a lot of people who consider themselves good citizens,  just sitting on the sidelines, who if presented with the incontrovertible proof of a massive fraud would push public sentiment in Trumps favor and demand action.

It's already believed, they need the evidence to act.

If that evidence is presented ...

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2020, 11:22:24 AM »
I am of the opinion that if that evidence existed, it would have been presented by now.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2020, 11:43:36 AM »
With all the talk of these minute, wide spread little bits of fraud, why bother - with the "bits" of fraud! The fraud must go big to effect an election. I believe it was accomplished with this election. The little bits added up. Pulling suitcases of ballots that were surreptitiously brought into the ballot counting area under a skirted table ought to be enough proof of going big.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2020, 11:48:18 AM »
I am of the opinion that if that evidence existed, it would have been presented by now.

Well with the MSM and people like this on the case

Bill Barr reportedly called President Trump a ‘deposed king ranting’
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/12/13/bill-barr-reportedly-called-president-trump-a-deposed-king-ranting/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2020, 11:50:26 AM »
While Trump could lead the charge and easily keep some focus on actually fixing these election issues, I suspect it won't hold his interest for long once his personal success is no longer the issue at stake.

I believe President Trump will keep focus on this as long as it produces donations from the base.  Once the money dries up, so will the focus.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2020, 11:51:57 AM »
Excuse me, I have to go take a dump. I'm sure I'll find enough lost ballots to use as toilet paper, they're kept in a station wagon until needed.
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2020, 12:16:49 PM »
I almost edited the above post but the edit ran long ...  :laugh:

From the beginning of the contesting of the election I was hoping for overwhelming and incontrovertible evidence that would prove the fraud  beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I believe that a very strong case has been made circumstantially across all the contested states individually and as a whole.

What I wanted to see was the smoking gun that could not be hand waved away.

Instead we see dozens of little corruptions that build up to the big fraud but also represent individual weaknesses in the overall case. For example, the above Trump retreat in Wisconsin casts a shadow on upon all the similar cases, fair or not.

Early on I said that extraordinary claims will require extraordinary proofs.

We need a slam dunk that will shut the mouths of the leftist Democrats/Republicans.

The public will not accept overturning an election based on complicated three dimensional explanations of how there was fraud.

The public already accepts that there is fraud in every election.

There needs to be proof that this was worse than ever before and has to be easily digestible.

The slam dunk evidence that the election was ,  in fact,  stolen will not appear until it's too late to do anything.  Biden will be firmly ensconced in the Oval office .... maybe even Kamala Harris after Biden is removed.... and then .........

SHAZAM!!!!!!!
  [/i]

The other show drops and all hell breaks lose.....

It's even possible this will not happen until a subsequent president enters office in 4+ ?  years.

It will only happen when there can be no redress, no correction.... it will be history.  "Move along,  nothing to see here,  just suck it up, get over it .... but move along."
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero