Author Topic: Recent politically motivted beatings in WI  (Read 4106 times)

brimic

• friends
Recent politically motivted beatings in WI
« on: October 25, 2012, 03:33:38 PM »
http://www.examiner.com/article/being-a-gay-republican-does-not-show-disloyalty-to-the-gay-community

The Daily Caller published a disturbing article on Oct. 25 about a Wisconsin Republican GOP campaign worker who is gay and beaten because of these overlapping affiliations. Kyle Wood was volunteering for Republican House candidate Chad Lee when Wood was assaulted, in his own home, by someone that labeled him a “traitor”
 “I was getting ready for work and there was a knock at the door,” Wood emailed The Daily Caller late Wednesday. “I opened it, and a guy wrapped a ligature around my neck, slammed my head into the doorway, and smashed my face into a mirror, telling me ‘You should have kept your [f*******] mouth shut.’”
“He then kidney-punched me, while at the same time saying I was ‘warned,’ and continued to beat me,” he added.
Wood said his attacker’s reference to a warning likely pointed to graffiti he found painted on his car last week. The vandalism included the phrases “house trained republican [tinfoil],” “traitor,” and “ur like a jew 4 hitler.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2007232.html

State Sen. Neil Kedzie (R-Elkhorn) said in a statement that his 22-year-old son, Sean, awoke early Oct. 19 to a noise outside his home in Whitewater and discovered someone taking the Romney lawn sign, the Daily Mail reported. Sean Kedzie ran outside and confronted two individuals.One of the men returned the sign. Then both attacked Kedzie, according to the Daily Mail, citing Neil Kedzie's statement.
Sean was wrestled to the ground by both persons, held down by a constricting chokehold, and struck repeatedly about the face and head.
He nearly passed out from the chokehold and suffered contusions to his face and eyes. Fortunately, an alert neighbor heard the commotion, scared the individuals away, and called the police.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:01:30 PM by brimic »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Re: Recent politically motivted beatings in WI
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 03:40:12 PM »
But remember, Democrats are full of love and understanding, while all Republicans are evil warmongers
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 03:41:12 PM »
Obviously this are unconnected spontaneous crimes that are in no way connected with a political party or its supporters that may be opposed to the GOP. Also it was their own fault, and they were asking for it. [/cynical sarcasm]

:mad:  [ar15]

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 04:05:26 PM »
I was just in the Whitewater area last weekend.

Nearly every sign I saw was a Romney sign.

The union thugs must have their hands full in the area.

Maybe there is hope for a reprieve from the President Obama nightmare if Wisconsin is actually in play. Romney might buy us some time.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

ronnyreagan

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 05:51:26 PM »
Obviously Democrats are evil warmongers while Republicans are full of love and understanding.
???
Whoever did these things was wrong and should be punished? Is there something more here I should conclude?
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »
Whoever did these things was wrong and should be punished? Is there something more here I should conclude?

1. It could just be frustrated leftwing hacks in my state taking out their aggressions since they have pretty much lost every election and political campaign in my state over the last 3 years.
or
2. These are the identical tactics used at the onset of every left wing fascist dictatorship in the past.

I'm leaning heavily toward #1, but its very ironic that this is coming from the 'party of free speech and tolerance.'

If these were dems being visciously attacked, it would be all over the national news and there would be rioting over it by now.

Barack Obama

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:24:58 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 06:41:46 PM »
Can't believe I'm the first to say this...

Clear-cut case of gaybashing.   :angel:

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 07:18:41 PM »
“I was getting ready for work and there was a knock at the door,” Wood emailed The Daily Caller late Wednesday. “I opened it, ....

I think I see the problem  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 09:25:17 PM »
But remember, Democrats are full of love and understanding, while all Republicans are evil warmongers

Couldn't have been Democrats.

Must have been Tea party zealots ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 09:27:51 PM »
Couldn't have been Democrats.

Must have been Tea party zealots ...

I seiu what you did there...

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 10:32:13 PM »
The Daily Caller published a disturbing article on Oct. 25 about a Wisconsin Republican GOP campaign worker who is gay and beaten because of these overlapping affiliations. Kyle Wood was volunteering for Republican House candidate Chad Lee when Wood was assaulted, in his own home, by someone that labeled him a “traitor”
 “I was getting ready for work and there was a knock at the door,” Wood emailed The Daily Caller late Wednesday. “I opened it, and a guy wrapped a ligature around my neck, slammed my head into the doorway, and smashed my face into a mirror, telling me ‘You should have kept your [f*******] mouth shut.’”
“He then kidney-punched me, while at the same time saying I was ‘warned,’ and continued to beat me,” he added.
Wood said his attacker’s reference to a warning likely pointed to graffiti he found painted on his car last week. The vandalism included the phrases “house trained republican Tinfoil Hat Smiley,” “traitor,” and “ur like a jew 4 hitler.”

There's no red in that guy's rainbow.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 10:32:40 PM »
I seiu what you did there...

Nice! Took me a minute to notice that wasn't a typo.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 07:23:04 AM »
Some of this stuff would be pretty horrible if it had actually happened.

http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/article.php?article=38133

In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 07:26:43 AM »
That one had seemed... odd.

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 08:03:53 AM »

That source doesn't contradict anything we've been discussing here. It says the victim is recanting some allegations about text messages, but it doesn't say that the beating or the vandalism didn't occur. It may be suggesting the attack was not politically motivated, but it is far from clear on that point.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 09:51:26 AM »
I was skeptical of the gay beating story.  Too many such attacks have turned out to be staged or totally made up.  Granted they're usually leftists faking or staging, but that whole story had a feel more of attention whoring than being legit.  Not saying he faked it but that would not surprise me.
Formerly sumpnz

brimic

• friends
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 11:30:52 AM »

I guess the term 'drama queen' fits here.

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 11:38:26 AM »
The link Dittohead posted - what am I missing? Does it say the guy wasn't attacked? Does it say that it wasn't political? If so, where?

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 12:05:49 PM »
Get with the program, Fistful!

Since he seems to have lied about the text messages (and who he thought was behind the attacks), his entire story is false. Don't you know ANYTHING?

[/sarcasm]

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 12:27:45 PM »
his entire story is false.
Right. ???
Is the article really that confusing for you guys?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

brimic

• friends

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 01:40:30 PM »
I already read that, brimic. It doesn't clear anything up for me. Something was recanted; doesn't say what. Something has been "cleared as 'unfounded'," whatever that means. Then it says that someone was treated at a hospital, and that investigators believe it was not a random crime.

So, sorry, I'm neither familiar with the jargon of that police department, nor a mind reader.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 02:16:24 PM »
If the original complaint/accusation was found to be mistakenly or fraudulently made or, as in this case, "recanted" by the original complainant, then a case will be closed-out as "unfounded", unless officers/DA have evidence or cause otherwise to pursue the case despite the recanting. The top paragraph on that link is the Update, made on 10/29/12, the bottom paragraph was the original narrative for the case prior to the recanting.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 02:16:50 PM »
It doesn't clear anything up for me.

Does this help?
Today, our campaign unfortunately learned that a deeply troubled volunteer misled police, news outlets, and our own team in regards to an attack at his home that apparently never occured