Main Forums > The Roundtable

Western society, demographics, and the future

(1/2) > >>

Preacherman:
I've just posted what I think is perhaps Mark Steyn's best-ever article, over at THR.  Please read it at

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=174364

I think this article should be required reading for everyone concerned about the current global situation.  It's frightening, but all too real.  Very, very worthwhile reading.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus:
Wow. Good read. He GETS it.

Now, if everyone else will....

Regards,
Rabbit.

matis:

--- Quote from: Preacherman ---I've just posted what I think is perhaps Mark Steyn's best-ever article, over at THR.  Please read it at

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=174364

I think this article should be required reading for everyone concerned about the current global situation.  It's frightening, but all too real.  Very, very worthwhile reading.Absolutely best ever, Preacherman.  But please tell me how we can require this be read.  

Mark Steyn is not likely to make the prime-time -- he's prone to heinous insensitivity: he tells the unvarnished truth -- brilliantly.

Thanks for posting this.

matis

matis

grampster:
Part of the problem that Mr. Steyn outlines very well is the fact that the "Free Press" is no longer free in the sense that opinions such as his would get any wider dissemination by the daily media.
Think of the service the media would be giving to the concept of thoughtful decision making if he were bandied about for a week or so on all the networks.  But then we would be exposing the intolerence of the tolerent towards the intolerent, wouldn't we?  Can't have that, can we?

K Frame:
"Part of the problem that Mr. Steyn outlines very well is the fact that the "Free Press" is no longer free in the sense that opinions such as his would get any wider dissemination by the daily media.
Think of the service the media would be giving to the concept of thoughtful decision making if he were bandied about for a week or so on all the networks.  But then we would be exposing the intolerence of the tolerent towards the intolerent, wouldn't we?  Can't have that, can we?"

And that's been different at any time in the history of the Republic.... How?

Oh, silly me. It's not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version