Author Topic: Magtech primers  (Read 383 times)

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Magtech primers
« on: April 23, 2022, 12:04:51 AM »
Anyone used Magtech brand primers?  Found a site that claims they have the large rifle primers in stock.  But they’re pretty expensive ($130/1000) and I’m leery of buying a non-name brand, especially at that price, without some good feedback.
Formerly sumpnz

dogmush

• friend
Re: Magtech primers
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 07:00:20 AM »
I've shot a bunch of magtech loaded ammo with no issues. I consider it to be on the pretty good end of range ammo.

Been through a cas and a half of 5.56 and two cases or so of 9mm. Assuming they use their own primers it goes bang when it's supposed to.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 07:34:50 AM »
I've shot a bunch of magtech loaded ammo with no issues. I consider it to be on the pretty good end of range ammo.

Been through a cas and a half of 5.56 and two cases or so of 9mm. Assuming they use their own primers it goes bang when it's supposed to.

Same here.  Magtech is on my approved list for range ammo.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 07:48:16 PM »
Be careful searching online for primers.  Bunch of scam sights up right now trying to take advantage of the shortage.

Check here before you buy online:  https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/scam-reloading-websites.904761/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 08:01:57 PM »
and I’m leery of buying a non-name brand, especially at that price, without some good feedback.

Magtech is a very large and well known ammo manufacturer and is part of Companhia Brasileira de Cartuchos which also owns MEN (Germany), Sellier & Bellot and Taurus

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes