Author Topic: The UAW demands a seat on GM's board  (Read 1188 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
The UAW demands a seat on GM's board
« on: December 08, 2008, 04:16:40 PM »
Oh, how cute. They're stamping their feet and demanding to have a turn steering the boat as it's going down by the head with a 30 degree list.

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- The United Auto Workers union is looking for a seat on General Motors Corp.'s board along with a stake in the company in exchange for concessions to help the industry fetch billions of dollars in federal aid, according to a posting Monday on a North Carolina union local's Web site.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/uaw-seeks-board-seat-exchange/story.aspx?guid=%7B4D2F357F%2D8D26%2D4052%2D9EF4%2DE13DD89A91D4%7D

No money. Let them kill themselves. I don't want to pay for it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The UAW demands a seat on GM's board
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:18:16 PM »
What they need is to be whacked in the ass by GM's board (hopefully a splintery one) for acting like spoiled brats.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 04:20:11 PM »
What they need is to be whacked in the ass by GM's board (hopefully a splintery one) for acting like spoiled brats.

Or just give the whole company to the UAW. Who can they hijack and make demands from, then? Can you loot your own castle?

That would be hilarious, watching them rail at nothing because they can't make money to pay themselves what they want to pay themselves. Like a divide-by-zero of idiotic bratty entitlement.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 04:24:30 PM »
Or just give the whole company to the UAW. Who can they hijack and make demands from, then? Can you loot your own castle?

That would be hilarious, watching them rail at nothing because they can't make money to pay themselves what they want to pay themselves. Like a divide-by-zero of idiotic bratty entitlement.

That would be priceless.  I love it.

The workers would need a union to protect themselves from the abuses of the management of the UAW.  GM would tumble and flush into non-existence.  Perhaps they could pre-emptively spin a couple of the smaller brands into their own free-standing corporations with no ties to GM?  Saturn, Hummer, perhaps Pontiac or Cadillac?  Resurrect Oldsmobile?

Then open shop and only employ scabs. :O :lol:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 05:33:49 PM »
Welcome, looters!
[/size][/color]
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 05:45:40 PM »
Why doesn't the UAW just buy a bunch of stock instead of just demanding? 

I think we need to pass anti-trust legislation for unions.  That might help. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 05:49:25 PM »
Jeez, putting them on the board would be like the captain of a sinking ship turning on the bilge pumps ... in reverse.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 06:18:49 PM »
yeah, great idea.  Put the idiots who did a good hand in ruining the place on the board.

Morons will probably give it to them too.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 06:26:16 PM »