Author Topic: How to blow a career AND a marriage in one swell foop  (Read 1409 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
How to blow a career AND a marriage in one swell foop
« on: April 09, 2015, 12:02:03 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/secret-service-manager-put-on-leave-after-alleged-assault-at-headquarters/2015/04/08/cb31c412-ddf9-11e4-a500-1c5bb1d8ff6a_story.html

Senior Secret Service supervisor. Gets heavy duty promotion. Office throws him a going-away party. Returns to office with female subordinate and proceeds to assault her. Oops.

SSSS's wife is also a SSSS. Double oops.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: How to blow a career AND a marriage in one swell foop
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 01:02:17 AM »
Secret Service?

The same guys hiring prostitutes in South America?

The same people drunkenly driving cars into fences after they drive over a suspected bomb?

The same people that allowed that nutty guy to run into the White House that time a few months ago?

[popcorn]
Run along .... nothing to see here .......
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 01:22:25 AM »
It screams abuse of alcohol.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 02:41:33 AM »
It screams abuse of alcohol.

No. It screams of "we are above everyone else cause we have badges".
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 06:34:18 AM »

Badges, we don't need no stickin badges!
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 07:50:20 AM »
The woman told police and agency investigators that Morales, her boss, told her during the party at Capitol City Brewing Company that he was in love with her and would like to have sex with her, according to two people briefed on her statements. In the office later, she alleged, Morales tried to kiss her and grabbed her arms when she resisted, according to the two people briefed on her complaint. The woman alleged that the two scuffled until Morales relented.

And after his declaration of infatuated love she voluntarily returned to the office with him after working hours.  :facepalm:

The female agent first raised her complaint Thursday with officials in the Secret Service’s internal investigations division.

A week later. :facepalm:

In no way am I even suggesting that "she asked for it".  Nor am I pulling the "why did she wait so long to report it?" game.

What I'm suggesting is that there is more - much more - to the story.  My perverted little mind is spinning around the possibility that he may have hinted at taking her with him to the new job and then reneged.

The March 31 party was held to celebrate Morales’s new assignment as head of the Secret Service’s field office in Louisville — a post that is considered an agency steppingstone. He had been scheduled to report for duty there this week.

I do not believe that e are seeing a rash of behavior that did not previously exist.  Instead, I think we are seeing a rash of people who believe they are so powerful as to not care if these sorts of things become public.  Back in my yoot  :old: folks took pains to hush this stuff up and for the most part quid pro quo promises were kept just to keep things hushed up.

The best I can say is that at least this time it was not the actual folks charged with protecting POTUS.  Oh, wait!  These are the folks "responsible for determining when agents, through misconduct or other action, have jeopardized their security clearances and should lose their jobs. It also helps vet Secret Service job applicants for potential security issues."  [tinfoil]

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 09:41:00 AM »
Above everyone else, yes, but not because of badges.  This kind of smug, self-assured superiority is present in all corners of FedGov these days, it's not unique to law enforcement.  They ALL think they're above the law and immune to the consequences of their actions.  

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 10:21:36 AM »
Above everyone else, yes, but not because of badges.  This kind of smug, self-assured superiority is present in all corners of FedGov these days, it's not unique to law enforcement.  They ALL think they're above the law and immune to the consequences of their actions.  

Because - by and large - they are.  =|

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 11:13:09 AM »
I don't know about all that.  She was in the same boat he was.  Based on the timing mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised to find that they had some sort of relationship prior to this or at least it wasn't the first time.  But all that is hard to say without more information.  

This sort of thing happens in the private sector also.  A manager with apparent upward mobility thinks he can get away with anything.  Just speculation at this point.

That all said, the alcohol mention might be accurate.  He got drunk and "opened up" about his feelings that were bottled up.  Might have have gotten touchy feely then backed off. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 06:11:50 PM »
But National Security!
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"