Main Forums > The Roundtable

More MS update follies

(1/6) > >>

WLJ:
If you're running windows 10 you may have noticed update KB5034441 which may show it failed to install.
Turns out many people either don't have a recovery partition or one that is too small for the update to install properly. Well MS is telling people to manually mod their partitions to fix the problem. Trouble is most people should be kept far away from messing with their partitions and there's a good chance many will mess it up which will then require a complete HDD wipe and fresh OS install to fix for many.
Update was to fix sec issues in bitlocker so unless you're using bitlocker best advice is to wait and let MS fix it on their end. But if you want to mess around with your partitions and feel comfortable doing so go right ahead.

Here's a short video explaining the problem and what you should do.

--- Quote ---Microsoft's January 2024 Patch Tuesday, a security update (KB5034441) causes 0x80070643 ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE. The worst part is Microsoft want you to fix it yourself by repartitioning your hard drive by 250mb to fix the windows update.
--- End quote ---
Windows 10 Update Breaks Your PC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ArhwRe2jb8

Smooth move ex-lax

HankB:
Checked my update history - sure enough, it "failed to install."

I think I'll leave well enough alone and NOT mess with my partitions.

WLJ:
I've only got one W10 install and it's in a Virtual Machine on the main PC which runs W11 and even it shows the error.

zxcvbob:
Hmmm, just checked mine and KB5001716 has been failing to install for 2 months.  '4441 is not in the list

"Failed to install on ‎1/‎16/‎2024 - 0x80070643"

Boomhauer:
Our absolutely shitty IT department took it upon themselves to update my perfectly functioning Windows 10 to Windows 11 the day before my class this week.

I don’t even know where Microsoft finds designers that *expletive deleted*ing stupid. What a horrible OS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version