Author Topic: Media Bias -- (again)  (Read 1201 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Media Bias -- (again)
« on: May 23, 2008, 05:11:33 PM »
http://my.att.net/s/editorial.dll?pnum=1&bfromind=7434&eeid=5893348&_sitecat=1522&dcatid=0&eetype=article&render=y&ac=0&ck=&ch=ne

How does simply enforcing a previously-issued deportation order constitute a "sting"? A sting is when law enforcement sets up a phony scenario to trick bad guys into coming out into the open. These sweeps are not "stings," they are what the ICE should have been doing all along, and most certainly should have begun ramping up starting the day after 9/11
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Media Bias -- (again)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 01:36:42 AM »
It's not media bias at all.  Just another example of the lack of basic education with which the current generation has been provided.

To explain:  We all "know" that a police sting operation results in criminals being rounded up.  ICE rounded up illegals who refused court orders to deport themselves.  Additional illegals who wandered into the scene were also rounded up.  Thus ICE "must have" engaged in a sting operation - how else to explain the rounding up of illegals?

To take the construct of lack of media bias even further:  a "sweep" is a tactic used by Gestapo-like JBTs and involves the total disregard of civil and human rights.  A "sweep" rounds up everything and everyone in its path, regardless of properly issued legal authority to detain.  Only half of the illegals were caught in a "sweep" -
The other 410 just happened to be on the scene when agents arrived."
  The other 495 were properly arrested.

Q.E.D.  A complete lack of media bias.

If I could recall the Latin phrasing for "See - they're not biased, just stupid" I'd end with that, as "S.T.N.B.J.S." lacks flair.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 12:48:49 PM »
I am a moderately-educated person (some college).  I have no idea how a "sting" or a "sweep" would differ from a "raid," or any comparable law-enforcement jargon.  Never thought about it. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 02:35:33 PM »
I am a moderately-educated person (some college).  I have no idea how a "sting" or a "sweep" would differ from a "raid," or any comparable law-enforcement jargon.  Never thought about it. 

But you are not trained in organizational-speak.  You are a mere minion of the great gooberment.

I were a Bureaucrat - something I wanted to be ever since I was knee-high to a Skillcraft ballpoint pen.  I am now retired from gooberment service - meaning I do more in any given day now than I did in a month on the dole while employed.

It was only thus that I attained the awareness necessary to be able to differentiate the distinguishments between the various words thrown about, and to decipherate their meaningnesses.  Also, I could write a grant application for funding to charge $2.50 for a cup of coffe with one hand while using the other hand to write a grant application for assistance to meet the anticipated increase in coffe beverage prices, indexed and adjusted not only for inflation but for local, national and world commidity price fluctuations.  All while surfing the web for frozen steaks to send to the guy who approved my grant application for postage cost increases.

Now, I just babble.  The only way to tell I'm no longer employed by the gooberment is by finding out if my check comes bi-monthly or monthly.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.