Main Forums > The Roundtable

Question for guitarists

(1/2) > >>

matt1911:
Been saving all my knickels and dimes and am just about ready to buy a new guitar. I have been a Jackson junkie for years,and will probably get another,but are there any other brands/models out there with that super thin/fast jackson type neck?
Matt

crt360:
Ibanez makes some pretty thin/flat/fast necks.  I've never owned one, but played a few.  The last new electrics I bought were Kramers, if that gives you any idea how up to date I am on this topic.  I haven't played a Jackson in over ten years and it was a custom shop strat with a really nice neck/fretboard.  I think it would be pretty hard to beat.  My current small pile of Kramers, Gibsons, Fenders, etc., seems to have fatter necks than the Jackson set up you are talking about.  The Ibanez wide/flat were the thinnest/fastest necks I've played on.  Again, I've never owned one, so I can't really recommend it, but do check them out.

Chuck Jennings:
I would have to concur.  If it is the thin neck that you are most looking for, Ibanez is the way to go.

Strings:
Gods... thread resurrection time!

The other possibility (unless you want to build your axe) would be an OLD, made in USA, BC Rich. I've got a Gunslinger (bought new in '90) that has a neck just as thin and fast as a Jackson. Ibanez are good too, but I still prefer my Rich (do NOT buy a new Rich: they're made strictly for kids)...

...has left the building.:
I'd have to agree that if you want to shred on a very thin neck, Ibanez is the way to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version