Main Forums > The Roundtable

Buckwheat honey

(1/2) > >>

mtnbkr:
Has anyone tried this?  I normally buy plain clover honey at the store when I need more, but I saw Buckwheat Honey and decided to try it.  Wow!  It's like a cross between honey and molasses (not to be confused with mole asses).  It's dark brown in color and has a rich taste to it.

I normally eat honey in my morning oatmeal.  I like to fix my oatmeal with half water/half milk (lower fat that way), a tablespoon of honey, and a teaspoon of margarine.  I slightly undercook it to keep some texture.  Well, the buckwheat honey really changed the bland aspect!  

Chris

K Frame:
I've tried it. Good stuff.

I prefer orange blossom honey, though.

XLMiguel:
Yes, it's good stuff, good to cook with or to sweeten spiced tea, too.  Out in the Seattle area (Snoqualmee Falls) they get honey made from fireweed clover thats pretty spicy/tasty.  Try some if you ever run across it.

K Frame:
I saw some fireweed honey in a Starbucks a couple of years ago. Now I know why... Washington state product, and probably some of the transplants were asking for it to go with their $18 Joka Moka Poodleators with a Half Crap Fwip Fwap Twist...

lee n. field:
I think it smells like a wet dog, but tastes good.  Strong.  Not your storebought clover honey, for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version