Main Forums > The Roundtable

New computer is arriving...

<< < (10/10)

mtnbkr:
[MontyBurns]exxcccelllent[/MontyBurns]

Chris

jefnvk:
Try plugging the speakers into something you know works.

Or go out, get a 7.1 card and speakers.  Makes computing real enjoyable  Seriously, surround sound was the best upgrade I think I have ever made to my computer.

K Frame:
"Try plugging the speakers into something you know works."

Uhm... That would have been my old computer, which I was using up until about an hour before I brought the new one on line.

Azrael256:

--- Quote ---Our IT people say that as a class they're more reliable than any of the other vendor systems we've had before.I agree completely.  I have received phone calls from Dell support about parts that they think will fail because I have a part from a lot with a high failure rate.  They even offer to have a replacement part on my desk the next morning for replacement at my convenience.  They even sent me a pre-paid shipping label.  That really impressed me.  IBM never did that for us, and neither did Apple before them.  We have a couple thousand Dell machines between all the servers and workstations on campus.  We recommend Dell to all the students who ask what computer they should buy, and we've been doing it since well before we were a Dell campus.

Their network equipment is truly craptacular, but for actual machines, I haven't seen anybody better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version