Author Topic: Vigilante jamming cell phone  (Read 5367 times)

Frank Castle

• friend
Vigilante jamming cell phone
« on: March 05, 2012, 02:48:10 AM »
Vigilante jamming cell phone calls on city buses to help preserve peace and quiet.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/vigilante-jamming-cell-phone-calls-city-buses-help-010615245.html

AJ Dual we need a cell phone jammer , DIY project. =D

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Vigilante jamming cell phone
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:43:50 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 07:53:43 AM »
Looks like they are stateside so they are already past customs.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 07:58:49 AM »
The guy's a passive aggressive *expletive deleted*bag.  He doesn't have the stones to confront someone using their phones legally, so he has to break the law and avoid confrontation.

I've never understood why some people get so torqued off at a loud person on a cellphone in a public space (ie bus, not a library, movie theater, museum, etc), but aren't as bothered by two people having a similar loud conversation in the same locale. 

Chris

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 10:14:04 AM »
7-11 was a part time job.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 10:30:53 AM »
I'd hate to be, oh, I don't know...recieving an emergency phone call about a loved one being in the hospital when this jerk turns the jammer on. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 10:33:43 AM »
I'd hate to be, oh, I don't know...recieving an emergency phone call about a loved one being in the hospital when this jerk turns the jammer on. 

Bingo!

Chris

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 10:48:29 AM »
I'd really like a jammer to knock the <expletive> idiots off their <expletive> phones when they're supposed to be driving their <expletive> car, but cutting off their calls would probably make them devote even less attention to their driving as they try to re-establish a connection while careening down the road.  :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 10:57:19 AM »
Yeah, as much as this excites my inner passive aggressive vigilante it is illegal for a good reason.

Now... a device that would temporarily disable somebody's car stereo if it is over X db would be great.  Just as passive aggressive but no public safety concerns.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:00:47 AM by 41magsnub »

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 11:12:53 AM »

The devices are legal to have, just not legal to import (import laws) or use (FCC regs).

Personally, I've known some very handy situations to have cell or GPS jammers. Very handy when a stalker installs a bug on a lady's car.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 02:57:57 PM »
For the really obnoxious conversations, just sit nearby and conspicuously take notes about the conversation.   :lol:

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 03:23:04 PM »
I'd love for someone to jam his jammer up his ass.

He doesn't know what some one's conversation is about. He doesn't know if someone is waiting on an important call. He doesn't know that there isn't an emergency call trying to come through for someone. Passive aggressive douchebaggery, nothing more.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 03:53:43 PM »
I'm often on call for work. When there's a serious water leak, every minute delayed in stopping it can be thousands or tens of thousands of dollars. If I wasn't alerted to a leak and able to talk the security guards through shutting it off because of some coward on a bus it could result in a huge and unecessary monetary loss.

Not to mention the doctors who are on call, people waiting for a woman to go into labor etc.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 08:51:06 PM »
I'm of two minds about the usage of the device.  But I think a lot of people are overestimating the number of conversations that are important AND loud and obnoxious.  I've never heard someone loudly discussing a work issue or family emergency.  I have heard many people loudly discussing their boyfriend or their date last night or what have you.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 08:54:51 PM »
I'm of two minds about the usage of the device.  But I think a lot of people are overestimating the number of conversations that are important AND loud and obnoxious.  I've never heard someone loudly discussing a work issue or family emergency. I have heard many people loudly discussing their boyfriend or their date last night or what have you.

Exactly. You could be unaware of the important calls you may be cutting off. Especially if its range extends to someone in the car right outside your bus window.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 09:31:19 PM »
I'm of two minds about the usage of the device.  But I think a lot of people are overestimating the number of conversations that are important AND loud and obnoxious.  I've never heard someone loudly discussing a work issue or family emergency.  I have heard many people loudly discussing their boyfriend or their date last night or what have you.
And the ones you possibly didn't hear?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 12:11:22 AM »
whats really needed is when you're in a traffic jam with a jerk who thinks everyone in a one mile radius needs to listen to thumps and rhymes of some gangsta jackwagon, in this situation whats needed is a stereo jammer.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 04:24:48 AM »
whats really needed is when you're in a traffic jam with a jerk who thinks everyone in a one mile radius needs to listen to thumps and rhymes of some gangsta jackwagon, in this situation whats needed is a stereo jammer.

Those turds tend to be playing a CD or mp3. No real way to jam that though the speach jammer previously discussed might be useful.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 07:47:44 AM »

I'll bet the jammer will hate it more....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 08:25:26 AM »
Those turds tend to be playing a CD or mp3. No real way to jam that though the speach jammer previously discussed might be useful.

HERF or directional EMP, only way.  Well, other than cops writing them a ticket.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 11:34:46 AM »
HERF or directional EMP, only way.  Well, other than cops writing them a ticket.

Thermite + mini-trebuchet?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 12:40:23 PM »

Second only to detcord in all-around utility.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 06:54:08 PM »
Oh geez.  For some reason that just tipped over my gigglebox like nobody's business.  Unfortunately I am at work and now people  are looking at me funny.  Just a great mental image.    :D
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 01:10:06 AM »
I am at work and now people  are looking at me funny.

Not one of your patients, I hope.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 03:13:14 AM »
The guy's a passive aggressive *expletive deleted*bag.  He doesn't have the stones to confront someone using their phones legally, so he has to break the law and avoid confrontation.

I've never understood why some people get so torqued off at a loud person on a cellphone in a public space (ie bus, not a library, movie theater, museum, etc), but aren't as bothered by two people having a similar loud conversation in the same locale. 

Chris
Eavesdropping sucks when you only get half the conversation.  :P