Author Topic: Man With Skull Bashed in Awarded $58Mil  (Read 1670 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Man With Skull Bashed in Awarded $58Mil
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 11:05:09 AM »
Those who still cannot see why Zimmerman had no choice except to shoot Treyvon Martin need to read this story and see these pictures.  This is what happens when your head is pounded on hard surfaces.
That's a really good idea. I need to actually give this link to several people I know that think Zimmerman getting his head pounded "was no big deal" and "people get in fights like that in bars all the time, you don't shoot anyone for it".

I can agree with the above... but;
I will say this about Zimmerman's experience.  I distinctly recall a time I accidently stood up and hit the top of my head against a cabinet edge.   That drew no blood and didn't even leave a lump .... but it HURT.  I mean, seriously HURT!  I had to sit down and gather my wits and let the pain abate for a minute or two.
Now, thinking of that, and imagining someone repeatedly bashing my head against a hard surface like concrete .... I don't doubt at all that Zimmerman was in fear for his life.  I just don't.  It had to HURT.
Somehow a doctor in a courtroom saying  Zimmerman's wounds were only "band-aid" stuff doesn't really impress me so much.   That da***ed cabinet impressed me a lot more!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Man With Skull Bashed in Awarded $58Mil
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 11:12:34 AM »
A friend had a young relative hit her head on the pavement.  She was standing on the bumper of a pickup holding the tailgate and fell backward when the truck pulled forward.  She popped her head on the pavement.  Went to Texas Children's Hospital with brain swelling or something like that and nearly died.  I believe she did recover finally. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge