Author Topic: The Future of Cord Cutting  (Read 2258 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: The Future of Cord Cutting
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2018, 09:12:50 PM »
This is one of the really good things about streaming - no bajillion year contracts. I don't think Netflix would care if you canceled and signed back up every other month. When I watched Game of Thrones last season, I just used the free 7 day trial on Amazon Prime.
True. Even though often doesn't often have contracts, it's still a PITA with cable boxes and such having to be returned, or someone coming out for set up when you first get it, etc.

I actually had the YouTube live option for a month or two during the tail end of last year's season, which I rather liked. A couple omissions in the lineup but it had almost every network I was used to from cable, the interface was nice, it actually had DVR, and myself and the wife could customize our own set ups. I decided I had other things I wanted to spend the money on though. Signing up took all of a few minutes, with a reasonable free trial length to try it out, and canceling likewise took all of a couple minutes with no fuss and a hope we see you back screen. Experience was overall MUCH more enjoyable than cable ever was.

Instead of whining about loosing subscribers they'ed be much better off beefing up their internet services and to be looking at why and making use of all the modern stuff non traditional companies like Sling and YouTube are killing them on. Heck even DirectTV has recognized it and is in on the streaming game.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: The Future of Cord Cutting
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2018, 04:04:49 AM »
This is one of the really good things about streaming - no bajillion year contracts.

That, and no "we've already missed the start of Cheers but let's hurry up so we can get home in time for Night Court."