Author Topic: Stratospheric Water Vapor is a Global Warming Wild Card  (Read 6066 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Stratospheric Water Vapor is a Global Warming Wild Card
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 12:05:55 PM »
Even if global warming is completely true, the solutions offered up by the usual suspects are morally and practically flawed.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 12:38:33 PM »
Even if global warming is completely true, the solutions offered up by the usual suspects are morally and practically flawed.

Ah, yes. I forgot this problem as well.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 01:24:58 PM »
It is all Clinton's fault.  He was president in 2000 and started it.  After all, Gore was his VP.....chris3

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 06:16:17 PM »
A bit of both.  What it comes down to now with GW is that if you're on the left you automatically assume that GW is real, giving greater credence to all of the arguments/evidence in favor of man-caused climate change and giving short shrift to any arguments or evidence detracting from the theory.

For people on the right the reaction seems to be exactly the obvious.  They come at it from the viewpoint of "This is what the left believes, and it would cost us a lot of money, therefore they must be wrong."  

Yeah, I get a bit tired of it.

In general, the person or persons making the assertion bear the burden of proof.  If you go shouting, "ZOMG!  De CO2s is gonna fry us allz!", then its on YOU to show a preponderence of real, non-cherry-picked evidence that it is so, and to share your data and methodologies for scrutiny - ESPECIALLY when advocating massive wealth transfers and decreases in standards of living.

In my humble experience, if one is in fact telling the TRUTH, one does not need to manipulate data, cherry-pick data, squash dissent, fabricate data, withhold computer algorithms, etc, etc, etc.  That behavior in general is indicitive of deceit.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...