Author Topic: Strikeman laser trainer  (Read 320 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Strikeman laser trainer
« on: September 01, 2022, 07:49:21 PM »
Anybody played with this? I'd like to integrate something like this for training drawing from concealment and firing. $100 normally and it looks like they are 20% off right now.

https://getstrikeman.com/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
Re: Strikeman laser trainer
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 09:44:55 AM »
I've read that some of the "laser cartridge" boresighting tools on the market are not consistent in their alignment - if purchasing a Strikeman, I'd be pretty rigorous in testing the laser "cartridge" for consistent accuracy.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 09:52:54 AM »
I've read that some of the "laser cartridge" boresighting tools on the market are not consistent in their alignment - if purchasing a Strikeman, I'd be pretty rigorous in testing the laser "cartridge" for consistent accuracy.

I have a few and they're not. If you remove and then reinsert the cartridge you will usually notice a slight shift. They're useful in getting you on paper at close range but not actual zeroing.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 10:14:56 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 02:22:05 PM »
I use the https://laser-ammo.com/ laser cartridges with Mantis software and https://www.glockstore.com/Reset-Trigger-Kit-for-Glock with my Glock 29 and I really like it. No more excessive racking the slide during dryfire.

You can also use these systems with a TV that is covered with a white table cloth or a projector system and incorporate video games and all sorts of things into your dry fire training. A camera will see where the shots land and record it like a mouse click.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 06:10:02 PM »
Well, minute of bad guy on drawing and firing within close range I guess is good enough. Was hoping for a little better.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.