Author Topic: wtf? how could they ignite?  (Read 1850 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
wtf? how could they ignite?
« on: December 28, 2010, 05:56:52 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/28/AR2010122802690.html

The FBI says authorities have arrested a man who was carrying bullet parts that exploded in his bag at Miami International Airport
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

dogmush

• friend
Re: wtf? how could they ignite?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 06:32:10 PM »
Rough bag handling, combined with something heavy/sharp edged next to them.

The man was being held on a charge of traveling in interstate commerce without a license to carry ammunition.

Wait! What?  I need a license to carry ammo between states now?  Since when?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 06:34:22 PM »
gotcha   i forgot how they handle bags
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 06:38:05 PM »
The radioactive waves from the nudoscope excited the explosive material and detonated them!    >:D

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 07:29:48 PM »
Wait! What?  I need a license to carry ammo between states now?  Since when?

...flight from Boston to Miami and on to Jamaica.

...several hundred bullet primers were discovered inside the bag after some ignited.

Loose primers it seems (which qualify as hazmat), not loaded ammunition, and was traveling internationally.

I would expect this wouldn't have happened with finished ammunition. Primers are typically packaged in cardboard and plastic containers that are easily crushed, after loading they are in the pocket of a metal casing and much more protected.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »
A 37-year-old man is facing a federal charge after bullet primers ignited in his bag as it was being unloaded at Miami International Airport from a flight that had just arrived.

Not parts. Primers.  Everyone is fortunate ignition occurred on the ground.  Dolt.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 09:27:35 PM »

Wait! What?  I need a license to carry ammo between states now?  Since when?

Quoted for truthiness.

Let's not charge the guy with not having a license to transport ammunition via interstate commerce...

Let's charge the guy with transporting undeclared hazardous materials.

Bad precedents (and assumptions) are set, otherwise.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!