Author Topic: Liberal's war on the private sector in WI  (Read 1870 times)

brimic

• friends
Liberal's war on the private sector in WI
« on: March 07, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/breaking-judge-grants-temporary-injunctgion-stopping-voter-id-law-dc4fadl-141623083.html

A Dane County judge has granted a temporary injunction against Wisconsin's new voter identification law, which he called "the single most restrictive voter eligibility law" in the country.

More background on this:
1. The Judge who made this ruling, signed a petition to recall governor Scott Walker. Dane county(Madison) judges have made several absurd and highly biased rulings against most of the important laws signed by Walker so far.
2. The entire public sector union machine from around the country, up to and including the Obama Administration, is fighting to remove Walker becuase he had the balls to take them on in our state.

http://www.channel3000.com/money/30626411/detail.html

Gogebic Taconite Ends Plans In Wisconsin
Company Invested $3 Million In Project
Updated: 9:17 am CST March 7, 2012

Related

State Capitol

SLIDESHOW: Wisconsin State Capitol Images

Office Of The Governor Website

Wisconsin State Legislature Website

Wisconsin State Senate Website

Wisconsin State Assembly Website

More Resources

READ: Visit Channel 3000's Politics Section

READ: Channel 3000's "Reality Check" Series

INTERACTIVE: Write Your Rep.

VISIT: Follow Money In Politics
Text SizeAAAMADISON, Wis. -- Officials with Gogebic Taconite said the state Senate's rejection of mining reforms sends a clear message.

Company president Bill Williams said Gogebic has gotten that message and will end its plans for mining in Wisconsin. At stake were 600 to 700 jobs in the North Woods part of the state.

Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce chief James Buchen said it's a missed opportunity for an economically secure future in northern Wisconsin.

Senate leaders have the ability to revive the mining bill this week or next if they can find one more vote. But Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said it would be tough to approve a bill before the session ends March 15.

Republican state senators failed to gain enough support for the bill earlier on Tuesday after one GOP lawmaker joined Democrats in opposition. The bill remains alive, but time is running out as the session ends next week.

SURVEY
The state Senate rejected legislation that sought to make reforms that would affect the mining industry in Wisconsin. Did they make the right choice?

Yes, this was correct.
 No, bad decision.
 I'm on the fence.
 I don't know.
 I don't care.  

Results | Disclaimer | E-Mail

Gogebic Taconite had promised the project would create hundreds of jobs for economically depressed northwestern Wisconsin. But environmentalists said they feared the mine would pollute one of the most pristine areas in the state.

Williams said his company has invested more than $3 million in a proposed Wisconsin mine.
3. The voter ID law would have made it much more difficult for the democratic party and their operatives to cheat in both the recall election and the national election. WI elections are typically decided by razor thin margins,.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
Re: Liberal's war on the private sector in WI
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 01:12:52 PM »
I can't edit long posts very welll ???

background on the mining issue:
1. Gogebic Taconite wants to open an Iron mine in one of the most depressed areas of the state.
The mine would have been located within 50 miles of 2 similar mines in Minn and Mich.
2. The mine would have provide hundreds of high paying jobs, along with increased manufacturing orders in the rest of the state which is heavy in manufacturing mining equipment (Oshkosh Truck, Joy Global, Bucyrus/Caterpillar, plus the Great Lakes shipping industry).
3. The Mine was heavily reviewed by environmental groups and this bill was to fast track DNR approval. The Assembly already passed their version of the bill. The senate was held up by a vote by a rino, with not a single democrat voting for it.

Barack Obama

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 01:43:21 PM »
My impression regarding the difference between Walker and Christie (NJ), was that Walker was running his mouth and making noise about the unions, and really got hammered.

In OH at the general election in the fall, OH voters hammered Kasich (R, but a dick of a governor) at the polls, and rescinded his union busting amendment, and sent Kasich packing. He is much more humble these days for it.

I figure that Walker's days are numbered.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 02:18:50 PM »
My impression regarding the difference between Walker and Christie (NJ), was that Walker was running his mouth and making noise about the unions, and really got hammered.

In OH at the general election in the fall, OH voters hammered Kasich (R, but a dick of a governor) at the polls, and rescinded his union busting amendment, and sent Kasich packing. He is much more humble these days for it.

Walker isn't going anywhere.
Most wisconsinites are fed up with public sector perks. Even the Private sector union members are qaking up to the fact that the public unions are not their allies.
Under Walker's plan, most people received a property tax bill last December that decreased from the previous year- most wisconsinites haven't seen this happen in living memory.

Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 02:19:03 PM »

Walker's standing is much better.

1. He's actually a kind of, well, not soft, but calm and amiable/normal-spoken guy. In terms of "mouthing off" he's the exact opposite of Christie in style. Although yeah, the legislation itself was a dagger aimed right at the public union's heart.  >:D

2. The recall petition to get the election scheduled barely pulled in the minimum number of signatures. The democrat/union count of a million signatures was simply based off the number of sheets turned in, wishful thinking, rainbows, and unicorns. The independent verification websites/databases showed that if you just discount the blank spaces in the pages, or the really blatant fraud, like duplicate names, and a sheet full of names obviously done in all the same handwriting, the number of probable good signatures is barely at the minimum number required.

3. Even should Walker go, and the Senate flip one or more Republican seats to democrat, the Assembly won't reinstate the collective bargaining rights, or the automatic union deductions. The union's hand-picked shill for governor, Kathleen Falk, had signed a promise to veto any state budget that didn't include a reinstatment of the collective bargianing rights in return for the union's endorsment and support as their Hail Mary pass...

Unfortunately for her, that's clearly illegal "pay for play" under WI election law.  :facepalm:  :laugh:

4. Even if the recalls are ALL successful. Unlikely as that is... the Republicans are poised to be in good shape to recapture the Senate and keep the Assembly due to the latest 2010 Census redistricting anyway in the next election cycle for state seats.

The reality of it is that the whole thing has been a dog-n-pony show about scaring any other state .gov's from trying the same thing, than it is actually about "recapturing" WI for the pub-sector unions. And there's some consternation at the top level ranks that this could all backfire on them badly, if they sank millions into WI, they don't win, and those were millions they could have/should have spent for the Obama campaign for re-election to POTUS.

It might get ugly, but it's really unlikely the unions can reverse this even if they are successful in all the recalls. Then we've got a few years of the unions "withering on the vine" and the national carpetbaggers here will pack up and go home, and their money will dry up by the Fall 2012 POTUS race too.
I promise not to duck.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 10:35:02 AM »
From your mouth to god's ears, AJ...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)