Author Topic: Fury Road! awesome!  (Read 2129 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Fury Road! awesome!
« on: May 16, 2015, 04:46:52 AM »
VROOoooooom.
Pays homage to the original, lots of fun, car crashes and  even stuff your girlfriend would like .... not that I have a girlfriend, but I used to, there was even stuff in there she would like .
Cool bikes, .... oooh...the constumes!! great ideas for Halloween.
Much better than the one with tina turner - brings back rock and roll not that lame crybaby pop Tina turner whined with .... makes me want to get one of those two ton army trucks and hire some welders for post apocalyptic shenanigans.
Also has me thinking maybe knowing advanced first aid may come in handy in our post apocalypse coming any day now.
I think we would all do pretty good on fury road .
SHINY AND CHROME!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Fury Road! awesome!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 04:59:09 AM »
You live in Northern Nevada but are still excited about a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Fascinating.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 05:19:39 AM »
You live in Northern Nevada but are still excited about a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Fascinating.

It made me feel right at home :cool:
I know I need trucks/bikes like that - and I know I'd best start getting ready  :old:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 05:44:35 AM »
Thanks for the enthusiastic review.  =)
I will definitely add it to my collection when it comes out on video.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

CypherNinja

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 09:11:22 AM »
Saw it Thursday. Completely awesome!

All that crap circulating about it suffering a feminist takeover is completely overblown.

AWESOME movie if you like rat rods and rock and roll!  [ar15]
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 10:00:48 AM »
It was an amazing film, and Charlize Theron does one heck of a job.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 10:41:55 AM »
It was an amazing film, and Charlize Theron does one heck of a job.
She does a "heck of a job" just standing around somewhere!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »
Saw it Thursday. Completely awesome!

All that crap circulating about it suffering a feminist takeover is completely overblown.

AWESOME movie if you like rat rods and rock and roll!  [ar15]

oh I hadn't heard about a femmnist takeover, hogwash!
go see it.

Grebnaws

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 05:35:35 PM »
I dragged my girlfriend to the late show and she ended up enjoying it as much as I did. She expected a chauvinist action movie and came away impressed. Max could have been playing second fiddle to Furiosa. It definitely pays homage to The Road Warrior and I appreciate how the movie felt like a Mad Max short story instead of attempting to play out like an epic. I would much prefer them to stay episodic and see unrelated sequels released more often.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 07:32:32 PM »
I would much prefer them to stay episodic and see unrelated sequels released more often.
There are a lot of movies and shows that should have taken that advice.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 08:30:09 PM »
Not much going on tonight, I'll have to go see it.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 12:54:28 AM »
Holy crap!! :O
That was a sensory overload!
It was hard driving home in my quiet not fast car home after that one.
Need to buy can of chrome spray paint :P

Barack Obama

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 11:16:09 PM »
Just got back.  Agree with Brimic on all counts!

I can see where the feminism claims come from.  Lots of strong women who fight for themselves.  I can see where that seems like feminism to some people, but considering their environment, weak people of any gender don't last long.

It WAS a lovely day!

Chris

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 12:34:07 PM »
I shanghaied my XO last night and went with Lupinus, his wife, and Boomhauer.

The movie, in visuals and audio, is completely bug nuts insane. As I was watching it I was thinking, "They never wrote a script for this, it's just been storyboarded for maximum impact" and come to find out I was pretty correct on that. It is obvious that the sensory feast and photography was primary in Miller's vision, and he got what he wanted.

I loved the scene where Furiosa was fragging the guys on the bikes with the SKS. It was just...delicious.

For those of you on the fence: Go see it, and go see it in the theater. It's worth the spending.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 11:49:05 PM »
It was an excuse to build cool *expletive deleted*it and blow it up in the desert in as bad ass, insane, and awesome way possible. And they pulled it off gloriously.

Even my wife, who usually hates such movies, walked out smiling. Though I think the nipple thing has scarred her delicate brain a bit...
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

CypherNinja

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2015, 11:55:24 PM »
Anybody here like Mario Kart?  =D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAxFjVCkpRY
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

brimic

• friends
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2015, 11:56:26 PM »
Though I think the nipple thing has scarred her delicate brain a bit...

All of the delicate parts if my brain have long been destroyed by alcohol, industrial solvents, and unspeakable internet images leaving only something tough and leathery behind, and even that may have been scarred.

Barack Obama

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2015, 08:24:02 PM »
Gritty and detailed depth. Will not disappoint. It's been a while since I was this satisfied with a movie.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"