Author Topic: More attempts to shift power to the executive office.  (Read 1980 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
More attempts to shift power to the executive office.
« on: December 01, 2012, 01:51:29 PM »
Emperor President Obama thinks it should be up to him to decide what the debt is, and that congress should only be able to vote no, which he could then just veto. Of course they are only proposing this because congress is being "irresponsible" by not raising the debt ceiling and thus extending the debt slavery to even more future generations.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323751104578151412497276152.html

Funny, I could swear this slope we're on is starting to get steeper.

Hutch

• friend
Re: More attempts to shift power to the executive office.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 10:38:17 AM »
I want to hear the remarks he made about raising the limit during W's administration, over and over again.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 12:16:49 PM »
http://www.examiner.com/article/wall-street-applauds-obama-s-proposal-on-debt-limit-gop-says-no

This doesn't need a login. 

I notice this is also just political games by Republicans.  The news has gotten progressively more one-sided over the last four years. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »
http://www.examiner.com/article/wall-street-applauds-obama-s-proposal-on-debt-limit-gop-says-no

I notice this is also just political games by Republicans.  The news has gotten progressively more one-sided over the last four years. 

The reporter must have shifted to a parallel universe to get the "facts" for this story. Other than Warren Buffett and a few others, most of Wall Street seems to be pretty dead set against Presidential Carte Blanche on the debt ceiling. This of course is a different discussion than  "tax the rich" which a lot more Wall Street people seem to, sadly, be behind.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 12:34:10 PM »
Raising the debt ceiling has absolutely nothing to do with spending money. The debt ceiling just allows the Treasury Department to pay the bills that Congress ran up in previous budgets. It is not new spending; it is just paying our bills.

???

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 10:50:59 PM »

IIRC, spending bills originate in the HOR.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 01:17:15 AM »
I give this administration six months at the outside to jump the shark.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 12:13:55 PM »
I give this administration six months at the outside to jump the shark.

Jumping the shark implies people are still watching the show.

I'm not sure who is even tuned in to notice anymore.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 12:34:24 PM »
What is coming--sharkjumpingwise--will definitely get people's attention.  This regime is going to go too far by half.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 01:25:09 AM »
What is coming--sharkjumpingwise--will definitely get people's attention.  This regime is going to go too far by half.

But is anyone going to do anything about it?  If some do, will the opposition be strong enough to stop it?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 03:26:47 AM »

If they do it super-Dooper bowl weekend nobody will notice unless it pre-empts the game.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 10:56:12 AM »
If they do it super-Dooper bowl weekend nobody will notice unless it pre-empts the game.

Soup?  Bowls?  There's going to be free food?  Awesome!
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 01:11:35 PM »
Emperor President Obama thinks it should be up to him to decide what the debt is, and that congress should only be able to vote no, which he could then just veto. Of course they are only proposing this because congress is being "irresponsible" by not raising the debt ceiling and thus extending the debt slavery to even more future generations....... Funny, I could swear this slope we're on is starting to get steeper.

I actually think this is a good thing to do and it SHOULD HAPPEN.
I also have a name for the law that should be passed to do it;
"The Enabling Act, Part zwei." >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 01:58:15 PM »

Maybe it will be the game.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 05:39:03 PM »
I think Obama has already jumped the shark with his demand for sole authority to raise the nation's debt limit without bothering congress.  I can't think of anything any more stupid than that except for  . . . . . Obamacare.  Never mind, he'll get his wish given republican tendency to fold like a cheap suit.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 05:42:42 PM »
I think Obama has already jumped the shark with his demand for sole authority to raise the nation's debt limit without bothering congress.  I can't think of anything any more stupid than that except for  . . . . . Obamacare.  Never mind, he'll get his wish given republican tendency to fold like a cheap suit.

Just let it crash.  Better now, than later.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!