Author Topic: They’ve got a new hero to riot over in Columbus OH  (Read 6558 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: They’ve got a new hero to riot over in Columbus OH
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2022, 01:30:48 PM »
Cue the riots and looting

Attention LeBron James: Officer who fatally shot 16-year-old Ma’Khia Bryant cleared of wrongdoing
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/03/12/attention-lebron-james-officer-who-fatally-shot-16-year-old-makhia-bryant-cleared-of-wrongdoing/

Officer who fatally shot 16-year-old Ma'Khia Bryant cleared of wrongdoing
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/597955-officer-who-fatally-shot-16-year-old-makhia-bryant-cleared-of-wrongdoing

From the second link:

"Ma'Khia's family has long wondered why this officer opted for lethal force even though there should have been other non-deadly options available to deal with this situation," Martin told ABC 6. "We believe that the tragedy that ultimately resulted in Ma'Khia's death started long before she was shot and killed by a Columbus police officer."

Well, :duh: She was in foster care -- which means that her parents had been proven to be unfit to act as parents. Apparently the foster parents didn't do such a wonderful job, either. I think it was terribly insensitive of Tionna Bonner (the other girl) not to take that into account when she volunteered to be stabbed by the young (ahem) "lady."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2022, 01:43:05 PM »
darn, beat me to it!
https://lawandcrime.com/police/ohio-grand-jury-refuses-to-indict-cop-who-shot-and-killed-teen-girl-makhia-bryant-who-shoved-knife-toward-tionna-bonner/

Classic statement from the shootee's father:

Hammonds also said “the police snuck up” on Ma’Khia and asserted that Ma’Khia was blindsided by the officer.  He also indicated that the officer should have used a taser.

“If she had seen the police, she know that hey, this *expletive deleted*it’s over now,” Hammonds said, again according to his BCI interview.  “Uh, the, the next go is to jail, or somebody could get hurt. So if she would’ve known it was the police, she woulda never did it.

Now that's a classic example of real ghetto think -- it's perfectly fine to stab people in the privacy of your own home, just don't do it when the po-po are looking.

If I remember correctly, the video at the time seemed to show this same father trying to interfere with the police officer.

Correction: The father drop kicked the first girl who was stabbed ("shoved"?) by the shootee, he didn't kick the police officer. [I respectfully decline to refer to the shootee as a "victim."]

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2022, 01:54:18 PM »
Classic statement from the shootee's father:

Hammonds also said “the police snuck up” on Ma’Khia and asserted that Ma’Khia was blindsided by the officer.  He also indicated that the officer should have used a taser.

“If she had seen the police, she know that hey, this *expletive deleted*it’s over now,” Hammonds said, again according to his BCI interview.  “Uh, the, the next go is to jail, or somebody could get hurt. So if she would’ve known it was the police, she woulda never did it.”

Now that's a classic example of real ghetto think -- it's perfectly fine to stab people in the privacy of your own home, just don't do it when the po-po are looking.

If I remember correctly, the video at the time seemed to show this same father trying to interfere with the police officer.

Correction: The father drop kicked the first girl who was stabbed ("shoved"?) by the shootee, he didn't kick the police officer. [I respectfully decline to refer to the shootee as a "victim."]

I wish they would make up their mind.
Back in April their story was her knowing the police officer was there triggered her into trying to stab the other girl

What I posted back in April 2021
___
In case you thought this couldn't get any dumber
Now it's the police office somehow triggered her into wanting to stab the other girls

Joy Reid’s guest argues that people have ‘adultified’ Ma’Khia Bryant and don’t see her humanity because she was a big girl
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/22/joy-reids-guest-argues-that-people-have-adultified-makhia-bryant-and-dont-see-her-humanity-because-she-was-a-big-girl/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2022, 08:49:04 PM »
Ma'Khia Bryant "adultified" herself when she picked up a knife and committed two adult-type crimes of assault with a deadly weapon.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2022, 08:23:17 AM »
"Ma'Khia's family has long wondered why this officer opted for lethal force even though there should have been other non-deadly options available to deal with this situation,"

One has to ask...

Why did Ma'Khia opt for lethal force? She was a big girl, a non-lethal beat down should have been an option.

"Joy Reid’s guest argues that people have ‘adultified’ Ma’Khia Bryant and don’t see her humanity because she was a big girl"

I stopped seeing her humanity the second she picked up a knife and tried to murder someone.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2022, 04:03:12 PM »
"Ma'Khia's family has long wondered why this officer opted for lethal force even though there should have been other non-deadly options available to deal with this situation,"

One has to ask...

Why did Ma'Khia opt for lethal force? She was a big girl, a non-lethal beat down should have been an option.

"Joy Reid’s guest argues that people have ‘adultified’ Ma’Khia Bryant and don’t see her humanity because she was a big girl"

I stopped seeing her humanity the second she picked up a knife and tried to murder someone.

I heard the girl she tried to stab was human, too. And young and black and everything. (Don't know if she was "gifted.") Heck, I bet she was even unarmed. Those are the people you're not allowed to hurt, right? The unarmed type?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2022, 05:56:53 PM »
And now another stupid take

“The View” co-host Joy Behar insisted that, when the officer saw Bryant moving to stab another girl, he should have shot in the air. The grand jury clearly disagreed and refused to indict officer, Nicholas Reardon. https://t.co/FAyriNlDev

— Jonathan Turley (@JonathanTurley) March 14, 2022
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/03/14/jonathan-turley-reminds-us-that-joy-behar-thought-the-officer-who-killed-makhia-bryant-should-have-shot-into-the-air/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2022, 04:16:13 PM »
And now another stupid take
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/03/14/jonathan-turley-reminds-us-that-joy-behar-thought-the-officer-who-killed-makhia-bryant-should-have-shot-into-the-air/

I keep wishing that people like that would be asked, on camera, why they are so cavalier about what might have happened to the unarmed black girl that was about to be stabbed.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife