Author Topic: They’ve got a new hero to riot over in Columbus OH  (Read 6551 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: They’ve got a new hero to riot over in Columbus OH
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2021, 06:33:24 PM »
A sampling of how the internet thinks this should have been handled. I blame Hollywood.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/04/23/toss-a-nerf-football-at-her-thread-of-geniuses-suggesting-how-ohio-officer-should-have-responded-to-makhia-bryant-wins-twitter/

Amazing. One of the comments said "we should have more sophisticated ways of stopping people, like bean bag rounds or a net...Anyone can just point and shoot."

So much ignorance in that comment alone. First of all, there's some truth to the fact that "anyone can just point and shoot" a gun. That's what is so great about them. Guns ARE the sophisticated way of stopping people. Did this idiot even see the shooter's body-cam footage of the shooting? Two girls right next to each other, and the attacker got stopped instantly, without the gunfire so much as grazing the victim. That's amazing! Until we have phasers with a stun setting, how much more sophisticated can our technology be?

But, no, not anyone can just point and shoot, just like that. These idiots should thank God that cop had the training, the tech, the quick thinking, and the will to shoot that felon in the instant before she stabbed that girl.

Idiots.

One of the idiots talked about how the police should have waited, to get the stabby girl's side of the story. I guess she could have explained why she was stabbing a teenaged girl?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 06:53:32 PM by Perd Hapley »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2021, 07:03:07 PM »
The idea of "police" goes back further than that - here's reference to the Medjay of Egypt's 18th Dynasty, which began about 3500 years ago. They eventually were desert-ranger police.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medjay

https://originalpeople.org/medjay/
The Praetorian Guard in Rome were sort of police or at least did some of those functions.   I am sure police existed in various forms before the modern incarnation. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2021, 09:00:26 PM »
So policing goes back to before Americans invented slavery, in 1776?  =D

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2021, 12:19:04 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2021, 08:33:32 AM »
I think the excuse I'm getting most sick of right now is "shoot 'em in the leg."

I just read an article where idiots Bill Maher and April Ryan were arguing this approach, suggesting the cops need more time at the range. How about you two idiots spending any time at the range to find out how stupid you are? These are two people with large, sheeple audiences. They are one example of idiots with a large, ignorant* audience who spread the same pablum.

* I don't even mean "ignorant" as "stupid" here. I mean that their audience is as ignorant as them of just how difficult and dangerous "shooting the leg" is, but then lap up what the celebrities say as if it's fact. It doesn't even work in the movies:

https://youtu.be/aKojFoPzQoQ?t=11

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2021, 09:24:36 AM »
I think the excuse I'm getting most sick of right now is "shoot 'em in the leg."

I just read an article where idiots Bill Maher and April Ryan were arguing this approach, suggesting the cops need more time at the range. How about you two idiots spending any time at the range to find out how stupid you are? These are two people with large, sheeple audiences. They are one example of idiots with a large, ignorant* audience who spread the same pablum.

* I don't even mean "ignorant" as "stupid" here. I mean that their audience is as ignorant as them of just how difficult and dangerous "shooting the leg" is, but then lap up what the celebrities say as if it's fact. It doesn't even work in the movies:

https://youtu.be/aKojFoPzQoQ?t=11

Remember something awhile back were they had people try to do something like that with I believe airsoft guns and the results were eye opening to them just how silly statements like that are in the real world. It's a bit different when your target is moving and not a piece of paper.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2021, 07:22:36 PM »

I think what's bothering me the most is the attitude that it's OK to take chances with the life of the girl about to be stabbed. The only thing that seems to matter is keeping the guilty party alive, so she could grow up to be an adult that stabs people.

This really is the perfect case for BLM. They started with the defense of the unarmed heroes, Martin and Brown. "Unarmed" was one of their favorite words. Now we have someone armed, and on video using deadly force against a black minor, and they still defend her. The only thing they would change about this case is to have the intended victim be white. One suspects they may not even care about that, however.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2021, 09:35:59 PM »
This incident does, however, prove the wisdom of the old saying: "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 09:48:29 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2021, 09:55:20 PM »
This incident does, however, prove the wisdom of the old saying: "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

[img]https://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=64360.0;attach=3900

Amusingly, I read an MSM article yesterday where they were outraged that the cop brought a gun to a knife fight. I mean, if somebody ever challenges me to a knife fight, I'm bringing a gun.

https://youtu.be/kQKrmDLvijo
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2021, 10:02:37 PM »
Amusingly, I read an MSM article yesterday where they were outraged that the cop brought a gun to a knife fight. I mean, if somebody ever challenges me to a knife fight, I'm bringing a gun.

I raise you this:

https://youtu.be/v010HXpfFSA

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2021, 11:16:36 PM »

You got that right.  A rifle and body armor or maybe mail also.

Tom Gresham has repeated a line quite often.  "If someone invited me to a gun fight, I wouldn't go."  The main point being we carry pistols for defense, not because we are headed into a fight. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2021, 11:18:24 PM »

Don't attack someone right in front of a police officer.  Even more important, don't pull out a deadly weapon and attack someone right in front of a police officer.  You won't like the outcome.

Honestly, I would have called that common sense, but sense isn't very common these days.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2021, 12:52:52 PM »
Who you going to believe, the narrative or your lying eyes?

Black Lives Matter
@Blklivesmatter
Ma’Khia Bryant. We say her name.

Another Black life stolen. But we refuse to define or remember Ma’Khia by her final moments.

We uplift, celebrate & honor this Black child for what she loved- doing her hair, making Tik Toks, having fun. Just being a teen.

Rest in power, Queen.

Jeryl Bier
@JerylBier
Replying to @JerylBier
"Ma’Khia Bryant called the police for help.

Columbus police officer Nicholas Reardon showed up and shot this 16-year-old child point blank within a matter of seconds.

Another Black life stolen with no regard." - @Blklivesmatter
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/04/26/obscene-national-black-lives-matters-official-statement-on-makhia-bryant-is-a-deliberate-attempt-to-mislead/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2021, 02:35:58 PM »
More than just misleading.  Flat out lying and disinformation. 

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2021, 04:01:06 PM »
This Lebron James guy is a horse's ass.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2021, 05:04:32 PM »
The is cold, but very funny.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2021, 07:43:56 PM »
In defense of knife fighting:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/04/in-defense-of-teenage-knife-fighting/

... where I spent my childhood, Fridays were idyllic: We’d play some football, try a little Super Mario Bros, have a quick knife fight, and then fire up some frozen pizza before bed. And now law enforcement is getting involved? This is political correctness gone mad.

It’s hypocrisy, too. Who among us hasn’t come within a second or two of murdering someone else with a steak knife? My best friend in school, Bobby “The Blade” Simpson, used to throw shivs at the smaller kids in the music room. Did we need the authorities to step in when that happened? No, we did not. As MSNBC’s Joy Reid argued smartly on her show last night, pranks such as these were dealt with by our teachers — just as we all expected they would be. And if something went wrong? Well, that’s why we had substitutes.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2021, 07:48:38 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2021, 12:10:11 AM »
More than just misleading.  Flat out lying and disinformation.

Blatant Lies Matter
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2022, 06:25:24 PM »
Cue the riots and looting

Attention LeBron James: Officer who fatally shot 16-year-old Ma’Khia Bryant cleared of wrongdoing
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/03/12/attention-lebron-james-officer-who-fatally-shot-16-year-old-makhia-bryant-cleared-of-wrongdoing/

Officer who fatally shot 16-year-old Ma'Khia Bryant cleared of wrongdoing
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/597955-officer-who-fatally-shot-16-year-old-makhia-bryant-cleared-of-wrongdoing
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2022, 08:23:01 AM »
"Shoving" a knife...

SHOVING?

WTF is SHOVING?

You mean the dead girl was trying to *expletive deleted*ing STAB the other girl?

Oh, I know, stab is such a brutal word, and it really makes the dead hero look, well, bad.

And something tells me that the deceased could have been sitting on the other woman's corpse hacking its head off with the knife, and the locals still would have been bitching about a cop 'shooting a kid.'

Looks like a pretty damned big kid to me.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2022, 01:02:47 PM »
Why were charges even considered? Just to appease the mob? Looked like an obvious good shoot.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2022, 01:08:09 PM »
Why were charges even considered? Just to appease the mob? Looked like an obvious good shoot.

Why was Rittenhouse even on trial?
In other words, yes
- Calvin and Hobbes