Author Topic: They’ve got a new hero to riot over in Columbus OH  (Read 6557 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: They’ve got a new hero to riot over in Columbus OH
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2021, 02:50:38 PM »
My time on the Medic One unit left me with a respect for the carnage that edged weapons can cause.  I could make one quick slash across your femoral artery in your groin, and you will probably bleed out before the aid unit arrives.

Yeah, but you're a white dude. We're allowed to shoot you.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2021, 03:04:47 PM »
My time on the Medic One unit left me with a respect for the carnage that edged weapons can cause.  I could make one quick slash across your femoral artery in your groin, and you will probably bleed out before the aid unit arrives.

I have seen two people die from getting stabbed with one of these . One was a 17 year old kid and the other was a male victim of domestic abuse. The stabbers slipped the knife blade right between the ribs and popped the left ventricle on both of them. We knew we had a tension pneumothorax before we cracked the chest on them but once we did that and got a river of blood out of the chest we sort of knew what was going on.  Between that and just general mayhem a knife can cause to the human body I would be very wary of anyone in a threatening posture with a knife in their hand. Wary enough to have my hand on my pistol type of wary and possibly out of holster wary.

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2021, 03:07:53 PM »
But she was unarmed
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2021, 03:55:03 PM »
Oh, the idiots on social media are screaming about how the cop murdered this little girl, that she only had a knife, and he could have used a taser, hit her hand with his baton,  or (love this one) grabbed her hand.  My concerns out of this...

As an armed citizen, these people are the jury pool in the event that I have to shoot an assailant armed with a knife of some kind...

I recognize that right now cops are in the spotlight,  but as a white male, so am I.  God forbid I have to shoot a black person...

Even with video showing a valid shooting, this officer may face charges because of politics.  I won't have the benefit of video...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2021, 04:25:57 PM »
Oh, the idiots on social media are screaming about how the cop murdered this little girl, that she only had a knife, and he could have used a taser, hit her hand with his baton,  or (love this one) grabbed her hand.  My concerns out of this...

As an armed citizen, these people are the jury pool in the event that I have to shoot an assailant armed with a knife of some kind...

I recognize that right now cops are in the spotlight,  but as a white male, so am I.  God forbid I have to shoot a black person...

Even with video showing a valid shooting, this officer may face charges because of politics.  I won't have the benefit of video...

https://www.npr.org/local/309/2019/10/09/768552458/chicago-s-dismal-murder-solve-rate-even-worse-when-victims-are-black

Ask yourself what the 80% of killers that get away with it are doing......

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2021, 05:03:45 PM »
Freeze frame image from a second before the cop shoots her.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2021, 05:05:12 PM »
IMO, the lesson cops are taking from this is to less black people kill each other and/or die in the back of the squad car.  No one seems to care as long as the cop didn't do it.  That said, I think it is largely the media and the usual troublemakers stirring things up. 

I heard Tim Pool wishing some of these cities would simple go ahead and abolish police and live with the results. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2021, 05:19:31 PM »
Wall off a portion of the city, or even the entire city, and provide zero police protection there. Then tell them if they really think police are the problem they can live there otherwise they have to shut the *expletive deleted*ck up.
We shall call it Thunderdome.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2021, 08:02:57 PM »
 :facepalm:

Whitehouse claims the death of Ma’Khia Bryant, who had a knife and was shot and killed by Columbus police, was police violence
https://www.ptnewsnetwork.com/whitehouse-claims-the-death-of-makhia-bryant-who-had-a-knife-and-was-shot-and-killed-by-columbus-police-was-police-violence/
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2021, 08:17:51 PM »
:facepalm:

Whitehouse claims the death of Ma’Khia Bryant, who had a knife and was shot and killed by Columbus police, was police violence
https://www.ptnewsnetwork.com/whitehouse-claims-the-death-of-makhia-bryant-who-had-a-knife-and-was-shot-and-killed-by-columbus-police-was-police-violence/

Well, it was violent, getting shot normally is and it was the Police doing the shooting so in a way I guess they are being truthful. ;)

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2021, 08:23:34 PM »
How about this take?

Cori Bush
@CoriBush
Ma’Khia Bryant was a 16-year-old baby. She was shot and killed by police yesterday.

This is why no single verdict can deliver justice. Convictions don’t save lives. Convictions don’t end violent policing.

Stop killing us and our babies. Stop.
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/21/rep-cori-bush-describes-makhia-bryant-as-a-16-year-old-baby-notes-that-convictions-dont-save-lives/

A 200lb knife wielding baby

- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2021, 10:52:03 PM »
This is in my part of the world.  People around work have raised an interesting issue.  Ohio now has Stand Your Ground laws.  If dead girl was attacked as has been claimed, by other his armed with knives, dead girl has a legal right to use deadly force to protect herself.  If accurate, the officer may have shot someone acting in self defense.

I finally got to watch the video. The girl who was shot was not attacked. She was unquestionably the aggressor. She's the one who put down the girl who was then kicked in the head by the guy. Meanwhile, she (the dead girl) pulled a knife and went after another girl who hadn't been doing anything but standing next to the car in the driveway. Definitely not a stand-your-ground situation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2021, 04:48:02 AM »
Even if it was a stand your ground case, and it's not, still justified. If I call the cops and they show up while I have a gun out in some fashion that looks as if I may use it guess who is getting shot? Plenty of cases of plainclothes cops getting shot or near shot by responding units.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2021, 08:08:09 AM »
This Lebron James guy is a horse's ass.

ANGER does any of us any good and that includes myself! Gathering all the facts and educating does though! My anger still is here for what happened that lil girl. My sympathy for her family and may justice prevail!

"That lil girl." Putz.

He also posted a photo of the cop and demanded retribution. If the cop is killed, does James get put on trial for 2nd degree murder, 3rd degree murder, and manslaughter?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2021, 09:03:34 AM »
Even if it was a stand your ground case, and it's not, still justified. If I call the cops and they show up while I have a gun out in some fashion that looks as if I may use it guess who is getting shot? Plenty of cases of plainclothes cops getting shot or near shot by responding units.
As a concealed carrier, how many times have we been told to put our gun away or put it down when police arrive?  It is something that gets beaten into our heads as proper behavior in a self defense situation.  This girl pulled a knife and tried to kill someone right in front of a cop.  This is what happens when you pull out a deadly weapon in front of a cop and try to kill someone.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2021, 09:56:17 AM »
Trying to police "some population of people" is like grabbing a surly German Shepard by the ears.

Apparently, this is my fault.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2021, 12:09:04 PM »
Tom Elliott
@tomselliott
Replying to @tomselliott and @DrIbram
Kendi chastises Columbus cops for shooting a girl threatening to stab two others: “What would have happened” if the attacker had instead been rich and white?

Isaac
@average_joe1984
Replying to @tomselliott and @DrIbram
Exactly the same thing would have happened except no-one would have heard about it
8:18 AM · Apr 22, 2021
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/04/22/ibram-x-kendi-finds-it-hard-to-believe-that-a-cop-would-have-used-lethal-force-on-knife-wielding-makhia-bryant-if-shed-been-wealthy-and-white-video/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2021, 12:13:07 PM »
... because you can totally get away with stabbing people, right in front of a cop, as long as you're white.     ;/

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2021, 02:50:15 PM »
This is gone into plaid sick wokeness
Yikes!

Bree Newsome compares whiteness to cannibalism, says ‘it’s time to abolish policing’
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/04/22/bree-newsome-compares-whiteness-to-cannibalism-says-its-time-to-abolish-policing/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 03:08:23 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2021, 03:19:27 PM »
‘it’s time to abolish policing’

And just exactly who is going to enforce that ban?
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2021, 03:44:41 PM »
How about this take?
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/21/rep-cori-bush-describes-makhia-bryant-as-a-16-year-old-baby-notes-that-convictions-dont-save-lives/

A 200lb knife wielding baby

This reminds me of something my deplorable, white father told me about, some 20 years ago now. He was in the habit of listening to a self-described liberal, with a radio show out of St. Louis. She had objected to something the police did to someone of her particular skin color, and in describing the action, she used the phrase, “the baby’s car.” In other words, a black motorist, probably a criminal, and presumably young (but obviously not that young), had an interaction with law enforcement that had not worked out well for the “baby.”

I hope my dad was not the only one that could grasp the incongruity of the word in that context. Of course, those were much, much more reasonable times.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2021, 04:08:55 PM »
Another view of the incident
Blows a hole in the "she was just defending herself" or "they were just playing" narratives.
They should be pinning a metal on his chest but instead they're going to ruin his life.
How long before twitter takes it down?

https://twitter.com/scuba2024/status/1385285882668793862

‘Lives were saved’: Footage of Ma’Khia Bryant shooting from another angle blows a massive hole in BLM’s narrative [video]
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/04/22/lives-were-saved-footage-of-makhia-bryant-shooting-from-another-angle-blows-a-massive-hole-in-blms-narrative-video/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2021, 06:46:01 PM »
If only that dumb cop had simply fired a warning shot into the air, everything would be okay.

Sadly, people listen to this idiot as if she knows stuff.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/22/fraternal-order-of-police-slams-joy-behar-for-suggesting-police-shoot-a-warning-shot-into-the-air/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2021, 06:56:05 PM »
Okay, lets say he didn't shoot. We would no doubt be hearing things like
White police officer lets young black girl die.
White police officer does nothing as black girl is killed
Black people killing black people is mere entertainment to white police officer.
White police officer: Let them kill each other
- Calvin and Hobbes