Author Topic: Knife Center of the Internet  (Read 7176 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Knife Center of the Internet
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 12:19:45 AM »
Hijack in progress...

Why, oh why do knife makers put the pocket clip on the wrong end of the knife???  If the knife is business end DOWN in your pocket, then withdrawing it doesn't require you to reposition it prior to opening the damned thing.  But NOOOO... 9 of 10 have the pocket clip position the knife with the hinge end UP.  Can somebody 'splain this to me?

If you're referring to the Ontario RAT knife in the picture, it can be moved to either end or either side. Which is pretty good, for a $27 knife! Sigh. Being so inexpensive and plain black and all, I thought it would be a great work knife. But I'm afraid it may be too nice of an instrument to suffer work-day abuse.

I had never tried clipped-on-pocket carry until I got that Boker, above. The first day, the clip caught on something and got very badly bent. I don't see any way of fixing it, short of a padded vise and/or padded pliers. Probably doesn't help that it's titanium.  =|
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:22:56 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Knife Center of the Internet
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 02:16:07 AM »
I carry my folder with the hinge up in my pocket.  Works well for me in when I need to use it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!