Author Topic: Need a wine expert  (Read 3164 times)

Laurent du Var

• friends
Re: Need a wine expert
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 03:08:36 AM »
Nuh, just keep it for the right occasion, some people are more
impressed with a fine bottle of wine than domestic beer.
Blended wine is good to drink but not a keeper.
It doesn't change one bit if you kept it for 40 years it would be just the cork probably getting bad and ruining the whole thing.

Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

atomd

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 03:50:40 AM »
Blended wine is good to drink but not a keeper.
Huh? Since when? Does that mean people should just go and dump all those old bottles of Chateau Lafite Rothschild that they've been saving? hahahaha. Some if not the majority of the oldest and most treasured wines in existence are blends.

Oh, and that wine is ready to drink right now. You could save it for a few years if you wanted to though. I would probably just open it the next time you have someone over who likes wine. If you decide to save it for a while, store it on it's side rather than straight up in the closet. It's not one of those wines you save for 25 years or anything like that. A lot of people think that wine only gets better with age but that's not usually the case. Only a very tiny percentage of wine is made to be saved for decades. Most of it is meant to be opened within a year or less (like box wines and inexpensive table wines). Then there's a good percentage that will initially get better to a certain point but then go downhill after reaching that point. I sold wine for a little over 6 years and I've heard tons of strange myths about it, especially the ones about that stupid 2 buck chuck stuff. I'd say 99% of what people think they know about 2 buck chuck is completely false. The whole wine scene is silly anyways and full of snobbery. I'm more of a beer guy myself.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2007, 02:24:47 PM »
I'm interested in these rumors about chuck? I've only heard of it online (from Bogie actually). I just thought it was a cheap brand of wine?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007, 06:50:23 PM »
Two Buck Chuck = Charles Shaw winery.  It is often sold for $1.99, hence the name.

You can find it in Trader Joe's all over California, and in other stores too.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Paddy

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2007, 08:21:20 PM »
I know that all wine tastes the same when you're lying on your back puking straight up.

Zeke

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2007, 08:22:11 PM »
I grew up in the area this wine came from.  It's probably a very good wine to drink right now, and it probably won't improve much with age.  I would chill it slightly.  The classic "room temperature" rule for red wines assumes your castle rooms are about 60 degrees F.  A nice sharp cheddar or perhaps a Monterey Jack cheese and some french bread would make a great snack with this wine.  Forget the snobbery, just enjoy it. grin