Author Topic: Anyone here in this area, or travel through this area?  (Read 589 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Blog under construction

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Anyone here in this area, or travel through this area?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 07:19:05 PM »
Five days before the event, which was booked at $20K+, suggests some serious pagent was being prepared.

Having been employed in the hospitality field, I'm aware of the scads (a very technical term, by the way) of foodstuffs, carvable ice and other stuff that is ordered up and received as much as 14 days before the event.  Some of that may not be able to be pawned off on resold to other functions, and thus represents a financial loss to the hotel.  I'm also aware of how easy it is to either sell most of it as reduced-price (reduced from the inflated per-plate fee they charge a wedding) dinner specials or convince somebody else who was thinking steamship roast beef that they really want 376 rock cornish hen dinners that they can get for a buck or two less per plate.

Sounds like somebody's lawyer will need for convince a judge to order somebody else's lawyer to produce invoices and explain why that which could be directed to use elsewhere was not.  Then, once the legalese is completed, the almost-a-widow & family will end up with probably $2,, but they will have won the day in court.

Too bad the hotel cannot see all the negative publicity they are generating for themselves.  No need to man the phones and take them to task.  They seem to be doing just fine  cutting their throats on their own.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.