Author Topic: OK, try this one.  (Read 937 times)

doczinn

• friend
D. R. ZINN

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: OK, try this one.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 05:25:43 AM »
So HIPAA and FOIA are terms the APD are unfamiliar with.  Failing to obey the orders of a superior, despite what the Nuremburg Tribunals said, is still a grave offense for government employees.  And we all understand that anyone who becomes "defensive" when their moral standards which do not fully comport with those of The Powers That Be are challenged is psychlogically unstable and probably about to snap and go on some sort of rampage.

But the worst offense this individual committed was not being a team player.  He did not exhibit a "good fit" with the rest of the gruop, and his actions might cause other members of the team to question why someone was not fully on board, or worse yet move over to his position.

Additionally, anybody who is sent to see the company headshrinker ought to know better than to believe they are "going to play word games."

I empathize for his current plight, but fully believe that just about any lawyer could get him a large settlement.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 05:27:01 AM »
I work for a medical products company. Failing to obey HIPAA will get you squashed like a bug under a lawyer's mirror-polished Prada.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 05:33:27 AM »
Zampolit?

Nuremberg?

Nazis?

God, I love a good screed that decries the CommuNazi tactics of massive, heartless, atheistic government...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Len Budney

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 05:55:03 AM »
God, I love a good screed that decries the CommuNazi tactics of massive, heartless, atheistic government...

Fiery rhetoric aside, they fired him for refusing to tase a frail old man--and they did it by having him declared psychologically unfit for duty.

In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 06:10:04 AM »
Assuming the article is factual:

Article written by an author straining to make a case for the officer being fired because he was a Christian.

He was fired for disobeying an order from a superior that was unconstitutional and illegal by the department's own standards.

In other words he was really fired because he refused to act as a JBT in the city's service. Maybe his Christian ethic played a minor role but the Officer himself says:
When it's possible to arrest a suspect without resort to violence, Perez later said, doing so is the constitutionally correct thing.
The order to taze the old guy crossed an abuse of civil liberty line the officer correctly refused to cross.

Would that there were more officers like Perez. Sadly it seems that doing the right thing and taking the correct and moral stand is not a quality the Austin, PD is looking for in its recruits.

The ramifications of that don't bode well for the citizens of Austin, TX.

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 06:26:09 AM »

Fiery rhetoric aside, they fired him for refusing to tase a frail old man--and they did it by having him declared psychologically unfit for duty.

No, that's what they're claiming is the reason for his firing.

Something tells me that there's another side of this story, and it's quite a bit different from what this website has to say.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.