Main Forums > The Roundtable

What to do or see in San Jose, CA?

(1/3) > >>

esheato:
My girlfriend and I are heading to San Jose area to attend this weekends THR Bay Area shoot. As a bonus we've decided to spend the weekend there (as it's a 3+ hour drive to get there).  The shoot is on Sunday, so we're looking for some cool things to do or see on Saturday. We're already planning a trip to the Winchester Mystery House, so that is out.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Ed

m1911owner:
Lick Observatory, on Mount Hamilton.
The Tech Museum, in downtown San Jose.
The Rosicrucian Museum, in downtown San Jose.

I'm already running out of ideas.  Either this is a boring town, or I'm boring.  Probably the latter.

Winston Smith:
uhh drive up to san francisco

m1911owner:
Well, OK, if San Francisco is within the distance range, there's Fisherman's Wharf in SF, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Seventeen Mile Drive, the Mormon Temple visitor's center in Oakland, various beaches and points all along the coast, Coyote Hill in Fremont, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, the Hiller Aviation Museum in San Carlos, there is (or was) a steam train running through the Santa Cruz Mountains, the Stanford Museum (the Golden Spike of Transcontinental Railroad fame is there, along with a bunch of Rodin sculpture and other good stuff), and the various missions in San Jose, Santa Clara, and Carmel.

jefnvk:
Try to get tickets to the San Jose/Edmonton hockey game.  Should be a good matchup, to see if Edmonton's defense can shut down San Jose's league leading scorers, like they did to Detroit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version