Author Topic: Great site for people who have supervised children  (Read 7033 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Re: Great site for people who have supervised children
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 08:29:40 AM »
You know they’re up to something when they go quiet
More truer words have never been spoken. I don't worry about kids when they're making noise, I worry about them when they're NOT making noise. :lol:

We should assign mr fistful and aasignment. I say for every post of his from now until this time next week should contain at least one of any of the following words: * 7 expletives deleted* even though the last one shouldn't even be on the list.  :angel:

Whoaaaa, good thing I previewed, the APS curse catcher only nabbed like 2 out of 7.  :O

=D

Avoid cliches like the plague!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 08:30:59 AM »
Potty-mouthed parents, ill-behaved kids. Big surprise.

I see no reason to believe that anybody who uses words like those on that site necessarily use them in front of their children. There are circumstances where swearing is appropriate.

A Soviet joke will, perhaps, illustrate my point:

In a kindergarten, the teachers discover that all the children have started swearing terribly. An investigation begins, and soon it turns out that two electricians - Petrov and Sidorov - had visited the kindergarten in the morning to work on some fixtures.

They are questioned by the headmistress, and Sidorov explains:

"We are innocent, Comrade. You see, Petrov was soldering a fixture, and I was holding the ladder he was standing on. Suddenly, I feel great pain - and I exclaim:

Petrov my dear friend! Do you not notice that hot solder is dripping onto your good friend's neck?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 10:45:52 AM »
There are circumstances where swearing is appropriate.

That may be your opinion. I've already explained what I meant by the comment, so I won't go over it again.

We don't understand people who are afraid of guns, but we're terrified of a word.

Yeah, I'm terrified, that's it.  ;/   
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Lee

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 11:03:39 AM »
As I explained to my kids....swearing sounds like *expletive deleted*it and doesn't do a damn bit of good.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 11:56:32 AM »
yea, the little *expletive deleted*ers...
Avoid cliches like the plague!