Author Topic: New TX rights group: Lone Star Citizens Defense League  (Read 6829 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: New TX rights group: Lone Star Citizens Defense League
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 01:01:43 AM »
the important thing for the opposition to OC to understand is that
ppl inadvertently expose their ccw sometimes, legal OC removes that problem.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 02:25:02 AM »
The current laws were written to protect someone who accidentally exposes their firearm; it's only illegal if the exposure was intentional. 
Most of the CC-only people I've talked with think that, because there have been few arrests for unintentional exposure, using this argument is ineffectual at best, dis-ingenious at worst.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 06:10:12 AM »
But I believe that, if approached correctly, some may be swayed to back a push for OC - or at least not actively oppose one.  And there are more than a couple people on that site who support OC, even if some wouldn't use that method themselves.

This. I see OC as a step toward getting rid of the $140 CHL fee and moving closer to AK/VT-style CCW. I've been suprised at the number on the TXCHL Forum that have been opposed to even that arguement.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 08:10:20 AM »
the important thing for the opposition to OC to understand is that
ppl inadvertently expose their ccw sometimes, legal OC removes that problem.

In Texas it has to be "intentional" and that is an awful hard standard to meet. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 12:35:32 PM »
This. I see OC as a step toward getting rid of the $140 CHL fee and moving closer to AK/VT-style CCW. I've been suprised at the number on the TXCHL Forum that have been opposed to even that arguement.

Well, you wouldn't want people to carry openly without a permit  :O

You know, like they do in MT, CO, WY, ID, AZ, etc etc etc ;/

You can OC a rifle.

That's not that good of an idea for routine horseback riding.  If (when!) you come off, your rifle goes off with your horse.  If it's on sling on your shoulder, then either you and/or your rifle will likely get seriously hurt from the fall.

Though I suppose there's not that many cougars in the TX panhandle ...?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin