Author Topic: Black Friday  (Read 5608 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Black Friday
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 12:21:39 PM »
None of the stores I went to were crowded.  In fact, a couple of them were quieter than normal.  Wifey and MIL reported the same.  Either folks got started way early or things are really bad in retail right now.

Chris

This is what I saw too. My niece and I have a tradition of going to Costco on Friday to knock out some xmas shopping since neither of us will be back at the folks' till Christmas. Costco doesn't really count as a "Black Friday" store I guess, since they don't really do special deals for it, but it was freakin' deserted as compared to a normal crazy day there. I figured everyone was at the stores that were really doing Black Friday. :)

Or maybe there wasn't much going on anywhere. Cyber Monday seems to be where it's at. Almost everything I asked for for Christmas is on my online wishlists, and I'm doing probably 80% of my shopping online this year (as has been the percentage for the last several years).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

go_bang

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 12:41:08 PM »
I'm much more partial to commemorating the Friday after Thanksgiving as Buy Nothing Day.  If we didn't need milk I would have stayed home.

And those chimi's topped with cheese and salsa make a tasty and quick breakfast.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 04:32:59 PM »
Local outdoors store was the site of my main purchases. Picked up a Marlin 795 for 100 bucks and 550 round Remington bulk pack .22 for 15 bucks a box, along with a couple other doodads they had on sale.

Also took a step into the 21st century,my old 20 inch RCA tube box/DVD combo was replaced by a new 32 inch 1080P LCD tv. I'm still getting used to the idea my TV has it's own wireless internet connection, software which needed updating once it was connected, and it's own applications. Paired it to a likewise new PS3
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

P5 Guy

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 04:36:48 PM »
I spent the day at the range.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 04:54:37 PM »
I drove 30 minutes to the range only to find out that it was so crowded that I turned around and went home. I didn't get a chance to shoot my $199 rossi. It probably works fine, though. I mean, it's a revolver.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine