Author Topic: Say Cheese!  (Read 2450 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Say Cheese!
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 08:02:17 AM »
What type of cheese is that? The main reason I started this thread is to get new (to me) cheese ideas.

It's a wonderfully rare cheese from Sardinia.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 08:07:59 AM »
You run to Sardinia and get us some.

I'll babysit your Model 16.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, 08:29:41 AM »
I have never understood the concept of cheese on a hamburger. I don't throw a slab of cheese on a good steak, a roast, or ribs, so what make a burger so much different that it is ok to put cheese on the beef part of it?  ???

In many Tex/Mex restaurants here, they serve a flank steak smothered in ranchero salsa, grilled onions & poblano peppers, and Monterry Jack cheese. One bite of that....and filet mignon becomes boring.... =D

And cheeseburgers made with smoked gouda or smoked provolone are to die for..... :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, 09:23:24 AM »
Seeker, put that Gouda INSIDE the burger before grilling. Is Gooda!

Sergeant Bob, you want to try new cheeses, look online for "artisan dairy farms" in your area, then go take a tour and see what they have. Don't know where you live, but you can sometimes find wide varieties of good cheeses in wine shops or little gourmet groceries.

And, you might try these two books:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060537043/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00 The Cheese Lover's Companion

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0894807625/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00 Cheese Primer

The second one is actually the more informative of the two books, but both will give you an education in cheese. The ex wanted to open a cheese shop at one point so I educated myself. It was the only good idea he ever had, if he'd followed through on it.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2012, 10:07:21 AM »
What's my favorite cheese?  Yes.  :lol:   As others have pointed out, you really can't just have one favorite. Depends on the dish and what not. It would actually be easier for me to list the few cheeses that I don't much care for.