Author Topic: Firefly for $17.95  (Read 1312 times)

zahc

• friend
Firefly for $17.95
« on: March 28, 2006, 07:08:43 AM »
Mom says Sam's Club has Firefly for $17.95. Just a heads up.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Firefly for $17.95
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 06:34:30 PM »
I hope it stays there til this weekend.
I went to a few places a month or so ago but couldn't find it...
Almost got it on eBay but the bid went over $20...not about to pay more than $25 for it on the internet.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Silver Bullet

• friend
Firefly for $17.95
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 10:28:03 AM »
Great price !  I think I'll pick up several copies to give as Christmas gifts.  I'd also like to have an extra, "loaner", copy.  As it is, I don't quit watching them long enough to loan them out.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Firefly for $17.95
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 10:46:08 AM »
On a computer-related note, if you are in need of a DVD burner newegg.com has the NEC ND-3550A on for $37.88 plus 0.99 shipping. DVD/CD RW, dual-layer capable.

Mine should be here tomorrow.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Firefly for $17.95
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 12:59:23 PM »
Speaking of DVD burners, guys, do not buy a Lite-On.
I have been having so much trouble with this thing...I got it so I could play Oblivion.
It reads DVDs fine, and burns CDs fine too...but playing soccer with the Devil is easier than getting it to burn a DVD--which I've only been able to manage once out of at least two dozen attempts.
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.

Brad Johnson

• friend
Firefly for $17.95
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 01:03:45 PM »
I started to get one, but spent the extra couple bucks on the NEC when I read several reviews on the Lite-On that mirror your problems.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Firefly for $17.95
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 01:06:09 PM »
Good on you.  The main problem is that Lite-On says to get new firmware...yet they have none for the drive on the site.  If I could find one, I'd try another burning program.  I'm hoping that the copy of Nero that came with it was the problem.
Me, I was just looking for a DVD reader.  A friend recomended this one to me, and I trusted his judgement.  I igored the bad reviews because it got some good reviews after the firmware install (which I wasn't able to do...I did however get third party firmware, no change), and like I said, was more interested in its reading capabilities than it's burning capabilities.

Brad Johnson

• friend
Firefly for $17.95
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 01:15:39 PM »
Is there any freeware for CD/DVD burning that's worth a flip? I'm one of those people that buys a CD for one or two songs. I'm tired of disc-swapping so much - I want to make a bunch of compilation discs of my favorite tunes.

Brad
-HankB

zahc

• friend
Firefly for $17.95
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 04:48:41 PM »
DVDDecrypter
Foobar2000
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine