Author Topic: One last hurrah! How to convince the family to move.  (Read 1005 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
One last hurrah! How to convince the family to move.
« on: March 28, 2006, 05:56:20 PM »
I'm coming to the end of my military career (can retire in 07 if I want to) and was thinking of trying to get in one last PCS before retiring.  Thing is, the family is not really interested in leaving Tucson.  

I want to go somewhere where I will most likely never get to go to unless its for vacation.  Alaska comes to mind and would be great for me since I'm an outdoorsman type of person.  The family on the other hand wouldn't enjoy it as much as me I'm sure.

There is also a job that I'm very interested in at a great location.  The location is Hickam AB Hawaii and would be for 3 years.   The wife is interested, the eldest daughter said "Hell yea, lets go" but the other two are reluctant to go.  I think this would be a great last assignment before I retire.  

So, what's the best way to convince them that it would be a great move to an awesome place with plenty of beach, babes and ocean?

Don't know what the gun laws are there or if I could even hunt but fishing would be a plus there.

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 07:02:56 PM »
The gun laws in Hawaii make New York city look like Dallas. Its a fun place to visit though.

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 09:42:18 PM »
So, what's the best way to convince them that it would be a great move to an awesome place with plenty of beach, babes and ocean?
I suggest not bringing up the babes too often.
D. R. ZINN

esheato

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 12:02:42 AM »
Lenny,

I'd suggest you put in for Hawaii...because I already put in for Alaska after Osan. Cheesy

Ed

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 02:37:25 AM »
esheato,

Say Hi to Osan for me.  And look out.  Some of the girls that dance at the Wide Wing aren't, in the technical sense, girls at all...  

Don't ask how I know.

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 08:10:10 AM »
Never heard of the Wide Wing.  Sounds like a place I'd stay away from.

Ed,  there is also 2 jobs open up in Alaska but they are just as reluctant to go there.  Don't know why they want to stay in friggin Tucson.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 08:26:22 AM »
Hawaii has two things going against it.

1) Gun Laws that would make Joe Stalin and Uncle Adolf smile.

2) Cost of Living is ungodly.  Pretty much everything, but Pineapple, is brought in either by plane or boat.   And most of those are also filled with tourists.

Cool place to visit though......
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.