Author Topic: in regards to the current "ribbon craze": Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?  (Read 1465 times)

Strings

Ok... I understand everyone and their brother has to have a ribbon to symbolize their cause. But do there have to be so many variations? One of my BACA members sent me links to several different sites, and it's weird...

http://www.mazeguy.net/ribbons.html
http://www.personalizedcause.com/shop/collections/classic/index.html
http://www.craftsnscraps.com/awareness/blueribbons.html
http://www.healthyplace.com/communities/abuse/holli/ribbon/

Is it just me, or is this starting to get a wee bit out of hand? when are we going to have "recovering shopaholic" ribbons, and the like?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
in regards to the current "ribbon craze": Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 07:48:29 PM »
Hey, it gives everyone the opportunity to to show how much they care.
It also gives people who have never had an original thought in their life to start a business.
I looked through all of those ribbons and I'll be darned if I could find Flatulence Awareness Ribbon.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 07:59:40 PM »
The ones you see on vehicles are a conspiracy by Earl Scheib and Maaco. Dirt and road grime get underneath the magnetic stick-on ones and scuff up the clearcoat paint, which can't be buffed out. Gotta reapint the part. Cheesy

Folks buy them for the reason above...'shows how much they care!'.

30 years ago they'd have smiley face stickers on their car.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

esheato

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 08:56:21 PM »
I love all the "We Support the Troops" magnets. Why don't you show your support by joining up instead of a magnet on your vehicle.

I refuse to put one on my truck. I wear the uniform every day...isn't that enough?

Ed

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 09:02:06 PM »
The ones you see on vehicles are a conspiracy by Earl Scheib and Maaco. Dirt and road grime get underneath the magnetic stick-on ones and scuff up the clearcoat paint, which can't be buffed out. Gotta reapint the part.
Or better yet, the paint on the car fades over a couple of years except the paint under the magnet Smiley

Its kind of like the tatoo/piercing trend of the last decade- everyone had toget tattoos and piercings to show their individuality, except me.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 09:47:30 AM »
Why don't you show your support by joining up instead of a magnet on your vehicle.
I adopted two soldiers (man, talk about a lot of writing.  I swear I got three letters a day for two years.) and did my part to take care of family and friends on deployment.  My very blood flows in the veins of some soldier somewhere because I showed up for the blood drives at Tinker, Sill, and Hood as frequently as they would allow.

...and I ain't got no magnets on my car.

You guys ever hear the term "Causeheads?"

...has left the building.

Smith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 12:35:56 PM »
They are really popular here in NC.  I recall that they were NOT popular in CO where I lived previously.

Sometimes I will see a car with 3, 4, 7, or OVER 10 different ribbons!

I think they are just a way to attract attention to the driver...they need to be seen.

I am not putting a single one on my vehicles, that's for sure.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 01:21:43 PM »
The flags on my vehicles were there berfore 911 and are still there now. I do have one in my older van that I  picked up out of the gutter one day. angry

Its kind of like the tatoo/piercing trend of the last decade
That fad is all my fault. One day I thought to myself, gee, I'll show my individuality off by getting an earring. The next day EVERYBODY had earrings. I then chose to show off my individuality by NOT getting an earring.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 09:08:44 PM »
What bothers me is the amount of disgracefully neglected American flags that are still being displayed on vehicles, and outside homes. Its not a decoration people.