Author Topic: dumb monitor question  (Read 734 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
dumb monitor question
« on: March 29, 2006, 12:07:18 AM »
I bought a new E machine PC @ Christmas time, I like it but my old roomie gave me a monitor.
some times after I put the pc on standby the monitor don't work, I get this funny message.
not funny haha but funny as in this sucks.
it says computer in power save mode use pc.
how do i use the durn pc if the monitor is in power save mode?? huh??
I move the mouse around and tap the buttons...nada...I had to turn it off at the power switch, which can't be good.
it's like a 400 dollar PC that i can not afford to replace right now.
I know jack stuffing about computers...help...I saw in the other thread about back up and the hand book says back up...what is this back up thing?...is that why my monitors sucking?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

TarpleyG

• friend
dumb monitor question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 02:52:15 AM »
What happens if you turn off the monitor itself and turn it back on?

OR...you can disable power saver in Windows...

>>right-click on your desktop background somewhere
>>click on "Properties"
>>click the "Screensaver" tab
>>click the "Power" button
>>in the "Power Schemes" tab under the "Settings for..." section, set everything to "Never"
>>click OK and OK again and you're done.

Greg

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
dumb monitor question
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 01:31:58 AM »
How I got the monitor to work was to turn off the monitor, then turn off the PC by flicking that switch on the power surge cord.
I left it off for 5 minutes then turned everything back on, that seemed to work.

I will try your suggestion tarp, thanks.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."