Author Topic: Anyone use a Verizon DSL website?  (Read 962 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Anyone use a Verizon DSL website?
« on: March 29, 2006, 09:38:32 AM »
I'm trying to set something up so that I can share some files with some individuals on my HOA. I want to make them editable, but I'm not sure if the standard freebie website will do that, or if I'll have to pay the $2.95 a month for the "my storage" space.

Anyone know or have any insights?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 11:13:50 AM »
i've got verizon but i don't use their web publishing space

what should work would be to set up a sub account like panzerHOA@verizon.net with the password of clipboard
and distribute that log on to the other folk

then they can log on and edit the files
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 11:18:11 AM »
Since you have an extra PC and a home network, you could always put accounts for those users on that PC, configure your router to allow inbound connections to that PC (just the ports needed by Windows networking), and allow them to grab the file from there.  It's not like they're going to be moving a lot of data, so your connection shouldn't suffer.

Chris

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 11:19:42 AM »
You have 10 MB of space, which you may allocate among your primary and sub accounts. This allows each of your accounts to build a unique Web site to share with family and friends.

To change the account's allocation, either drag the arrows to the desired amount, enter the number directly, or use the right and left arrows to increase and decrease the account allocation. Turning off access prevents the sub account from accessing their files, but does not delete them. The web site will not be available to the general public.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 11:26:02 AM »
Harold,

Thanks, I missed that in reading over the material on the Verizon site. That might be what I'm looking for. Everyone can use the same log-in.

Chris,

I never thought about using my second computer in such a manner. That might work VERY well. But, you'd need to help me set something like that up.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 11:40:01 AM »
of course sharing your webspace with someone outside of your household prolly violates your DslOA

Wink