Author Topic: Vegas strip mass shooting!  (Read 56606 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Vegas strip mass shooting!
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2017, 09:36:51 PM »
Weaponised autism found a guy that looks like him named Steve at an anti-Trump rally in Reno, NV in August wearing a pink kitty hat and a NASA T-shirt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzO0lgvQID0

https://twitter.com/vsvs_a/status/914920065400795137  Video of someone walking up to the guy in question and saying "Hi Steve."

I know he worked for Lockheed from 1985-1988, I will see if I can better link him to NASA and see what else I can find.

If that is him, I hope somebody's capturing any videos like that independently before the antifas start cleansing them from the net.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2017, 09:59:51 PM »
They want us disarmed, but they also want us dead. So what, again, is my motivation to disarm?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/10/02/i-want-every-trump-supporter-dead-j-r-salzman-exposes-todays-compassionate-liberals/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2017, 10:00:44 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-las-vegas-shooting-live-updates-paddock-had-19-rifles-in-room-1506985512-htmlstory.html

Stephen Paddock, the Las Vegas shooter, had an arsenal of 17 weapons in his hotel room, mostly military-style rifles, according to a law enforcement source.

At least one of them had been modified with a legal “bump stock” style device that allows the shooter to rapidly fire off rounds without actually converting it to a fully automatic weapon, the source said.

The devices modify the gun’s stock so that the recoil helps accelerate how quickly the shooter can pull the trigger. The devices are legal in the U.S.

Other weapons may have been converted to fully automatic fire, and were still being examined, the source said.

Paddock had four Daniel Defense DDM4 rifles, three FN-15s and other rifles made by Sig Sauer.

So probably no full auto, but one or more bump-fire stocks.

Four Daniel Defense rifles.  That's a bit of money.

Also: apparently the L.A. Times can't decide if he had 17 guns or 19.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

griz

• friend
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2017, 10:17:28 PM »

Second, I have never been to Vegas. Can someone who has tell me if perhaps the concert was just a target of opportunity, and perhaps the perp had (maybe) originally just planned on shooting down at the Strip on a Sunday night?

He would have had to have been spectacularly lucky if it wasn't planned that way.  It was the last night of a three day event, so the headliner was playing.  That hotel would have been sold out for a while with an event that big in town, so he probably booked the room weeks ahead.  And he had tens of thousands of people jammed tightly in an area fenced to keep people out, which of course keeps them in too.  My understanding (forgot the source) was that some folks breached the fence on the opposite side to escape.  That put them on the airport property.  Not sure if it was people on the runway or reasonable concern over nearby gunfire but they shut down the airport for a while.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2017, 10:28:43 PM »
Source please? Not doubting, just don't want to post without a source link.

Sorry. I can't divulge my source. In fact, I may already have posted too much, because in a subsequent e-mail to me, my friend said his friend (the retired cop) had told him not to share. (Which I why I no longer tell anything to this particular friend unless I absolutely want to share it with the world.)

I am curious about the time line. Someone on here posted that it took the police 72 minutes to find the guy and neutralize him. The retired Las Vegas cop said ten minutes. Which was it?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2017, 10:32:57 PM »
I've heard both time lines.
Gonna be a while before the "official narrative" is finalized for promulgation.
In the mean time the conspiracy theory generator is spinning up to warp speed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2017, 10:40:56 PM »
They want us disarmed, but they also want us dead. So what, again, is my motivation to disarm?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/10/02/i-want-every-trump-supporter-dead-j-r-salzman-exposes-todays-compassionate-liberals/

After Sandy Hook, Pulse nightclub, Charleston, and San Bernardino, she must have wanted every Obama supporter to be 24 feet underground.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2017, 10:44:54 PM »
Anyone heard anything about a break-down of casualties?  I'm curious about the number wounded/killed by gunfire versus the number wounded/killed by the stampede or by fleeing the scene.

Oh, and the usual suspects around the courthouse are yelling about silencers, "military grade" firearms, and, my personal favorite, the need for a national database of people with serious mental health issues...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2017, 10:52:24 PM »
Oh, and the usual suspects around the courthouse are yelling about silencers, "military grade" firearms, and, my personal favorite, the need for a national database of people with serious mental health issues...

In the middle of a concert, would anyone even hear unsuppressed rifle fire from a 32-story window?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/10/02/hot-take-las-vegas-shooting-suspect-enjoying-white-privilege-even-in-death/

Yeah, 'cause they never try to humanize minority criminals, or make them seem like friendly, gentle giants.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2017, 10:56:41 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-las-vegas-shooting-live-updates-paddock-had-19-rifles-in-room-1506985512-htmlstory.html

So probably no full auto, but one or more bump-fire stocks.

Four Daniel Defense rifles.  That's a bit of money.

Also: apparently the L.A. Times can't decide if he had 17 guns or 19.

Twice they mentioned how they are legal. ;/

He would have had to have been spectacularly lucky if it wasn't planned that way.  It was the last night of a three day event, so the headliner was playing.

Had checked in on the 28th. I heard that there were other events going on before too, but this is the one he shot up.

Four Daniel Defense rifles.  That's a bit of money

I've heard he had quite a bit of money.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

purequackery

« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2017, 11:50:58 PM »
I am curious about the time line. Someone on here posted that it took the police 72 minutes to find the guy and neutralize him. The retired Las Vegas cop said ten minutes. Which was it?

From listening to the police audio, at around 30 minutes into the recording dispatch asked if anyone had heard any shooting recently.  One of the cops who was pinned down somewhere said he'd heard nothing for about 15 minutes.  Meanwhile, SWAT and other units were still evacuating the floor, getting into position, and making sure the suspect couldn't escape.

I don't know anything about when the suspect killed himself.  Was there somebody in the hall or at his door who spooked him 10-15 minutes into the shooting, causing him to kill himself?  Did he spontaneously shoot himself early on?  Was he watching TV for the rest of the time until SWAT was about to enter, and only then shot himself?  What's more certain is that, however long it took him to decide to kill himself, he'd stopped shooting outside after 10-15 minutes.

SWAT must have delayed about an hour from last known shots in order to improve their odds, since the active shooter wasn't active.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.  —Bob Newhart

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2017, 11:57:46 PM »
Haven't heard any more info on it, but apparently he set up a surveillance system to monitor for when the police show up.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2017, 12:08:32 AM »
This seems to have a pretty good timeline on it.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/02/us/mandalay-bay-vegas-shooting.html

He shot a Mandalay Bay security guard but other than a passing reference a couple of times I haven't heard anything else about it.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2017, 12:13:21 AM »
It was bad enough when shadow president Hillary Clinton decided to tie the mass shooting to the NRA and current legislation regarding noise suppressors.

That was irresponsible at best, but not new for the Democrats. We all know Clinton knows nothing about firearms, but a former FBI agent?

As The Daily Caller reported, Manny Gomez, a former FBI agent who was a guest on MSNBC on Monday, told the host that “hunters would make an argument that they need that so that their target, whether it’s a deer, etc. don’t hear the shot.”
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2017, 12:49:42 AM »
As The Daily Caller reported, Manny Gomez, a former FBI agent who was a guest on MSNBC on Monday, told the host that “hunters would make an argument that they need that so that their target, whether it’s a deer, etc. don’t hear the shot.”

Back in 2004, when the federal assault weapons ban was expiring, I was in a small gun shop when a reporter came in to ask the shop owner what the AWB was all about. This is a guy who had, at the time, been in the firearms business for 25 or 30 years. I stood there and listened as he explained the flash hiders are so the person being shot at doesn't see the muzzle flash.

Yes, he really said that. To a reporter.  :facepalm:

In fact;

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2017, 01:13:57 AM »
I know this is premature, but I wonder if Paddock's autopsy will show any abnormalities in his brain, akin to Charles Whitman (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Texas_tower_shooting).  Both had a fondness for gambling, but we haven't seen evidence that Paddock had violent impulses as Whitman did (other than his actions last night, obviously).

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• friend

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2017, 02:44:20 AM »
Of the injured how many are going to be less than whole?  Considering the angle of attack, going to see a lot head shots.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2017, 06:39:13 AM »
I know this is premature, but I wonder if Paddock's autopsy will show any abnormalities in his brain, akin to Charles Whitman (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Texas_tower_shooting).  Both had a fondness for gambling, but we haven't seen evidence that Paddock had violent impulses as Whitman did (other than his actions last night, obviously).

Just no. I and several others here love to play cards, but we don't shoot up the place. No different than the lefties calling all of us mass killers in waiting since we have more guns than north Korea.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2017, 06:58:55 AM »
Quote from: Angel Eyes on October 02, 2017, 11:13:57 PM
I know this is premature, but I wonder if Paddock's autopsy will show any abnormalities in his brain...

I wonder how that would work if he had shot himself in the head.  Wouldn't all the bullet damage tend to mask abnormalities?

Don't know, so I'm asking.  But let's keep any photos at least G-rated, OK?  I'm thinking of some of our more fragile readers.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2017, 09:15:43 AM »
More info on firearms. No idea on the accuracy, though I suspect the updated number of guns in the hotel room is closer to correct. Same lack of knowledge on firearm operation and laws as most every other story.

Note the part where the neighbors saw the "refrigerator sized safe" in his garage. I guess I'm on a list now, because i have one of those too.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/03/23-firearms-found-in-mandalay-bay-hotel-room-occupied-by-las-vegas-gunman.html

Edit: Also notice the "explosives" comment. I'm betting "explosives" are either propellant or maybe Tannerite. It could be he had black powder, but we'll see.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2017, 09:26:21 AM »
Also I just saw Trump on the teevee just before leaving for his trip to PR. He said, "We're going to have a conversation on gun control." I don't know what that will mean.

Also as I was typing the line above, I heard a former Assistant FBI Director talking about how he could hear from the audio tapes that the shooter used "military grade projectiles".  ;/

I just assume the MSM will always say whacky stuff, but it really irritates me when supposedly trained LE spew nonsense like that, because people without firearms knowledge tend to cite them as "experts".

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2017, 09:29:55 AM »
More info on firearms. No idea on the accuracy, though I suspect the updated number of guns in the hotel room is closer to correct. Same lack of knowledge on firearm operation and laws as most every other story.

Note the part where the neighbors saw the "refrigerator sized safe" in his garage. I guess I'm on a list now, because i have one of those too.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/03/23-firearms-found-in-mandalay-bay-hotel-room-occupied-by-las-vegas-gunman.html

Edit: Also notice the "explosives" comment. I'm betting "explosives" are either propellant or maybe Tannerite. It could be he had black powder, but we'll see.

Tannerite.

Update from my friend who knows the rertired Las Vegas police officer. Not sure if these are the cop's words or my friend's summary:

Latest news:

21 rifles found in the room, 308 and 5.56 caliber. 13 suitcases full of ammo, magazines and guns. 90 lbs of Tannerite. 14 more rifles at home. From the pictures I have at least one rifle was equipped with a bump fire stock. I also counted 15 high capacity magazines laying around stacked on the floor, and a suitcase full of standard capacity magazines.

No idea yet of why he did it.

So, 21 rifles ... we know he had at least one handgun, so one more would get us to 23. Don't know why the Tannerite. IED, maybe?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2017, 09:36:01 AM »

Also as I was typing the line above, I heard a former Assistant FBI Director talking about how he could hear from the audio tapes that the shooter used "military grade projectiles".  ;/

That would be the same "expert" who said silencers [sic] are so the target can't hear the sound of the shot?

"Military grade projectiles" sounds so evil and scary-like, but the reality is that both M109 and M855 rounds for the AR-15 are "military grade." One is what I carried in Vietnam, the other is (I believe) still standard issue for the M16 and M4, except for special ops units. Those two make up the bulk of 5.56x45 ammo sold everywhere. So his statement is probably true, but obviously phrased to advance a strong anti-gun agenda.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2017, 09:39:31 AM »
That would be the same "expert" who said silencers [sic] are so the target can't hear the sound of the shot?

No, it's a different one. Which is worse, because it's an indicator of more widespread lack of basic firearms knowledge (or an agenda) in the FBI.